This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC games and Xbox Live

#21maximo(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2012 6:04:30 PM
Ryamus posted...
I would also advise against striving JUST for achievements/gfwl. My tag is Ryamus and I have almost 140k Gamerscore. I used to be big into completion (original 1000/1000 + DLC) but now I only play for fun. I never "whored out" and played kids games but there were a few games that I shied away from just because they had a difficult list. You will enjoy games a lot more by not looking back at a collection guide every 5 seconds, hoping you didn't pass a collectible.

I am not so anal about achievements now as I used to be.

I guess part of wanting to play games for windows is the fact that I like my gaming linked to one account i.e. Live and not so much for the reason of achievements but I guess achievements validate this. I don't know why really but I like the notion that I can track all my games at one place.
#22arleasPosted 6/3/2012 6:16:57 PM
I don't know why really but I like the notion that I can track all my games at one place.

You can get raptr and link steam, psn, and GFWL all together... then no matter how many achievements you get for whatever system (PC/Xbox/PS3) you can show them off to your friends... or keep track of them in one place.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://myanimelist.net/signature/arleas.png
#23RyamusPosted 6/4/2012 1:20:41 PM
maximo posted...
I guess part of wanting to play games for windows is the fact that I like my gaming linked to one account i.e. Live and not so much for the reason of achievements but I guess achievements validate this. I don't know why really but I like the notion that I can track all my games at one place.

Yeah, I can understand that; and there is something satisfying about the achievement popping up on your screen/monitor. That, and games that are PC only that have gamerscore (Dawn of War 2, with 2000 gamerscore!). But I am constantly reminded by some people on my friends list playing My Horse and Me 2 and Bee Movie that when is enough, enough? It is a hobby, but at the end of the day it's just a number that won't have any impact on anything really. As long as you keep it at a hobby and not farm easy games just for the sake of the 1000, I say it's all good!