This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My monitor just turned pink

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My monitor just turned pink
4 years ago#1
So my monitor just turned pink and I was unable to click or do anything further. I just hit the restart button on my computer and it fixed itself. I just did a search and saw a lot of posts saying that this is a monitor problem, and NOT HARDWARE PROBLEM. I just wanted to confirm whether this is true or not? Is it my monitor is starting to die? Or do I have a faulty graphics card?

If you look at the very beginning of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHu9vxVKX0&feature=plcp

The color used to write the title of the video and by yourdailylaughz was the color that my entire screen turned into. This occurred exactly when I clicked on the link.
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
4 years ago#2
Watching the whole video now.
Athlon II 630, HD6870, 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
4 years ago#3
A lot of the clips have been in previous videos.

But on topic, any ideas if it's gpu or monitor problem?
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
4 years ago#4
Do you have nvidia? Cause it seems to be a problem with the latest drivers, I get it when I watch youtube videos, nothing else.
4 years ago#5
Do you have nvidia? Cause it seems to be a problem with the latest drivers, I get it when I watch youtube videos, nothing else.

Yes. I got a 560 ti just recently. So this is nothing I should be concerned about then?
4 years ago#6
I don't think so, I've seen other people complain about this problem on this forum not too long ago.
4 years ago#7
Alrighty, thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My monitor just turned pink

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived