This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My monitor just turned pink

#1mafiafunPosted 6/2/2012 4:55:11 PM(edited)
So my monitor just turned pink and I was unable to click or do anything further. I just hit the restart button on my computer and it fixed itself. I just did a search and saw a lot of posts saying that this is a monitor problem, and NOT HARDWARE PROBLEM. I just wanted to confirm whether this is true or not? Is it my monitor is starting to die? Or do I have a faulty graphics card?

If you look at the very beginning of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXHu9vxVKX0&feature=plcp

The color used to write the title of the video and by yourdailylaughz was the color that my entire screen turned into. This occurred exactly when I clicked on the link.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#2kidersxPosted 6/2/2012 4:59:08 PM
Watching the whole video now.
---
Athlon II 630, HD6870, 4GB DDR3 @ 1333MHz
#3mafiafun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:08:01 PM
A lot of the clips have been in previous videos.

But on topic, any ideas if it's gpu or monitor problem?
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#4Ash778Posted 6/2/2012 5:11:12 PM
Do you have nvidia? Cause it seems to be a problem with the latest drivers, I get it when I watch youtube videos, nothing else.
#5mafiafun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:13:13 PM
Do you have nvidia? Cause it seems to be a problem with the latest drivers, I get it when I watch youtube videos, nothing else.

Yes. I got a 560 ti just recently. So this is nothing I should be concerned about then?
---
#6Ash778Posted 6/2/2012 5:17:38 PM
I don't think so, I've seen other people complain about this problem on this forum not too long ago.
#7mafiafun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 5:21:11 PM
Alrighty, thanks.
---