This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I decided to look around for news on the GTX660...

#1DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/2/2012 8:43:11 PM
http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-geforce-gtx-660-is-the-fifth-gk104-board-comes-out-for-computex-2012-/16038.html
WTF?

Look at that cheap photoshop with the random 6-pin connector sticking out of nowhere.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#2licandstickPosted 6/2/2012 8:47:17 PM
seems legit
#3CEMAN4Posted 6/2/2012 8:53:29 PM
Looks real to me.
---
No you fool, we're following orders - we were told to comb the desert, so we're combing it! Find anything yet!?
We ain't found ****!
#4RajhinPosted 6/2/2012 9:16:36 PM
While the image of the board is obviously photoshopped (the lower part of the bracket is not present, the heatsink has a six-pin connector slapped on top), we checked with our sources and the product appears to be legit.

lol
---
"i see a few maggots came to feed on this topic's corpse." - Fony
#5War_Pig_1331Posted 6/2/2012 9:41:38 PM
Hmm. Brings up kind of a good point tho. Why not try to work the pin-connectors on the sides like that? Seems like it would make it easier and allow for more room for side fans on your case.

---
---
i5-2500k / EVGA GTX 670 SC / 8GB / CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 / ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 / Samsung Spinpoint F3 / Antec DF-85 Black Steel ATX Full Tower
#6DarkZV2Beta(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 10:10:10 PM
Because of the way electrical current works.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#7somebadlemonadePosted 6/3/2012 5:17:52 AM
<_< 6 pin is disproportional
---
Canti posted : uh the earth clearly circles the sun once a day
hence nighttime???
#8panzar dragoonPosted 6/3/2012 10:14:27 AM
Rajhin posted...
While the image of the board is obviously photoshopped (the lower part of the bracket is not present, the heatsink has a six-pin connector slapped on top), we checked with our sources and the product appears to be legit.

lol

While the image of the board is obviously photoshopped (the lower part of the bracket is not present, the heatsink has a six-pin connector slapped on top), we checked with our sources and the product appears to be legit. The highlighted single six-pin connector on the heatsink was positioned there to highlight that the board cannot pull more than 150 Watts, which the author of the leaked image made sure off.

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to think the six-pin belonged there, it's supposed to show you that you only need that one connection.
---
Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. -John F Kennedy