This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's wrong with my computer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's wrong with my computer?

User Info: svr2006gawd

svr2006gawd
4 years ago#1
I have Windows 7, and it freezes randomly at unpredictable times. Sometimes 5 minutes, sometimes an hour an two. It just completely freezes, no BSOD, nothing. I can't move my mouse, my keyboard becomes inactive, and I have to reset the computer. When I reset the computer there's about a 50% chance it will freeze during the black windows screen, right before the blue welcome screen. Forcing me to keep restarting it until I get lucky. What is the deal here?
i5 2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3 (3.7) | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7200 | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p

User Info: drewh

drewh
4 years ago#2
When I had freezes without a BSOD, it was due to my GPU dying.
My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
Video games in HD!

svr2006gawd
4 years ago#3
I have tested all hardware and everything is okay, I'm sure it's a problem with Windows 7 itself. Possibly a driver. I just don't know what drivers.
i5 2500k Sandy Bridge 3.3 (3.7) | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB DDR3 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint 7200 | ASUS 23.6" 1920x1080p

User Info: drewh

drewh
4 years ago#4
Try a system restore using the most recent one.
My Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ramblingtoad
Video games in HD!

svr2006gawd
4 years ago#5
I have tried system restores and fresh installing Windows 7 multiple times each, fixes it for a few hours then starts right back up.

User Info: greekgamer

greekgamer
4 years ago#6
Use error checker, defrag, ccleaner.
Best bet just backup your stuff and reinstall windows.
[ = [__] = ]
[ + [__] -:- ]
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's wrong with my computer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived