This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgraded my graphics card driver and now its worse?

#1superstud69xPosted 6/4/2012 1:06:16 AM
So when D3 came out I went to go play it and it said my graphics card wasn't good enough to run the game so I looked online and used AMD Catalyst to update my driver (ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics, btw) in hope of making it playable. No luck. The ground looks like a checkers board and there are graphical "spikes" and protrusions coming from pretty much everything and its unplayable. So I say oh well I still got WoW (which has always run perfectly fine). . . except now the graphics there are effed up as well. Nowhere near as bad as D3 but on the character select screen the text is glitched out (like half of each letter is missing and this occasionally carries into in-game chat as well), and when in game I get spikes from some objects which obscure my view and if I go in a room it will seriously spike some of the graphics to the point where I can't even see where I am.

Is there any way to fix this? I used AMD Catalyst to find the right drivers (supposedly) so it SHOULD be the most recent one they have (and I've tried re-updating a few times as well but still no luck).
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#2GietzyPosted 6/4/2012 1:10:01 AM
That's not a driver issue. That is a dead/dying GPU.
---
We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!
PSN/Live/Steam: Willavom
#3superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 5:41:40 PM
Are you sure its the GPU? Cause I had ZERO graphical problems on WoW before updating the drivers. None at all
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.