This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

brand name computers to brand name cars,clothes,shoes,even food have in common?

#1pspmaster23Posted 6/4/2012 7:05:25 AM
It's like buying a luxury car - sure, you could get the same thing for a lot less, but you're buying the name.

i mean i could buy "great value" wal mart chicken wings, or get tyson chicken wings, but aint chicken, chicken?

i could buy regular "polo" shirt, but if i get a polo shirt with polo logo on it, its still a polo, a shirt is a shirt right?.

i could go to payless buy shoes "converse" style shoes, but if i go with original converse, it's still a shoe is a shoe?

if i buy a watch, what difference does it make to rolex, it still tells time right?

o____o it's not like we can build our own huh and save money!
---
i39.tinypic.com/15zf39y.jpg i40.tinypic.com/vzyq6t.jpg <D2 My Puppie>
Psn Demon_SouL Account made-Dec/06 Youtube.com/Demonsouls15
#2ShadowSkill11Posted 6/4/2012 7:08:14 AM
Oh. I was going to say carbon.
#3MyDogSkipPosted 6/4/2012 7:09:45 AM
You didn't really need to make a topic like this when you already have one for your alienware purchase.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#4arleasPosted 6/4/2012 7:21:35 AM
it's not like we can build our own huh and save money!

Depending on your skill and knowledge in the area in question you might be able to build your own car, make your own watch, make your own shirt, raise your own chicken... it's just that there's a lot of steps in those things and unless we already own the factory to assemble the stuff (or unless we already own a farm/ranch) it won't be as easy.

It's not really "building" a computer anyway. Assembling the computer would be more accurate. Someone else has manufactured all the parts and all we're doing is fitting them together.

I think they actually sell "kit cars" where you can buy all the parts and all you have to do is assemble them and you get the finished product for cheaper...so yeah. Whether or not the kit car will be street legal when you're finished is another matter entirely.
---
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1846063869.png
#5schadowPosted 6/4/2012 7:49:26 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Oh. I was going to say carbon.

Thread win.
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#6XjphPosted 6/4/2012 8:07:33 AM
If you could buy a Ferrari engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, etc. direct from the manufacturer and assemble them yourself then you can bet that I'd laugh at anyone who forked over the money for a prebuilt Ferrari.
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."
#7Worknofun370Posted 6/4/2012 8:14:38 AM
If you could buy a Ferrari engine, transmission, brakes, suspension, etc. direct from the manufacturer and assemble them yourself then you can bet that I'd laugh at anyone who forked over the money for a prebuilt Ferrari.

The interesting part? They'd probably be laughing at you too. :)
---
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein
#8NeoBillbinePosted 6/4/2012 8:20:06 AM
pspmaster23 posted...
It's like buying a luxury car - sure, you could get the same thing for a lot less, but you're buying the name.

i mean i could buy "great value" wal mart chicken wings, or get tyson chicken wings, but aint chicken, chicken?

i could buy regular "polo" shirt, but if i get a polo shirt with polo logo on it, its still a polo, a shirt is a shirt right?.

i could go to payless buy shoes "converse" style shoes, but if i go with original converse, it's still a shoe is a shoe?

if i buy a watch, what difference does it make to rolex, it still tells time right?

o____o it's not like we can build our own huh and save money!

Dude are you serious, Alienware, Apple, whatever other company you choose all use the same parts for their PCs from the same manufacturers. Open them up and check who makes the parts and you will see that the only thing that differentiates brand name PCs from DIY PCs is generally the custom built case.

The custom case was probably built by one of the case(Silverstone, Cooler Master, etc) companies regardless.
---
i7 2700K, ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PRO, NH-D14, 16 GB G.Skill
Ripjaws DDR3, GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Asus Xonar DG, Corsair HX650, Arc Midi
#9AlleRacingPosted 6/4/2012 9:03:56 AM
The prebuilders also cut costs on cheap hardware, often on ram, motherboards and PSUs.
---
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 | Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.6GHz | 12GB DDR3 1600 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 | HD5870 1GB | Xonar DX | Lian-Li PC-K62 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64
#10gigapuddiPosted 6/4/2012 10:13:36 AM
Your topics are bad and you should feel bad.