This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are the Klipsch Promedia 2.1 so damn good?

#11NeoBillbinePosted 6/4/2012 10:36:30 AM
unsolidsnake posted...
I love these speakers too but PC:H hates the hell out of them, and prefers crappy ass logitech Z units.

Its true though the fuse in the subwoofer amp or the volume control pod burn out like twice a year for any model.

Its funny because this board told me to get them a year and a half ago. Just like they said to go with AMD because in terms of gaming its better bang for your buck and now they flame me for having AMD. I don't get it.

Ah, that is why you should research these things yourself a bit more. My advice to you is to dump the promedias and get an amplifier so you can then choose your speakers at your leisure.

Now just because you are going this route does not mean you have to spend a lot of money. You can generally get a nice set of speakers and an amplifier for a bit around what you spent on the promedias.

Or you can just fix your promedias and call it a day. In the end as long as your happy with the stuff you buy it is all good.
---
i7 2700K, ASRock Fatal1ty P67 PRO, NH-D14, 16 GB G.Skill
Ripjaws DDR3, GTX680, Crucial M4 128GB, 2TB Samsung F4, Asus Xonar DG, Corsair HX650, Arc Midi
#12unsolidsnake(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 11:05:45 AM
I'm very happy with the Promedias, I just wish they wouldn't break all the time. As I said I'll keep exchanging them till my warranty runs out, then I'll find a different route to go.
---
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png
#13SpacewhizguyPosted 6/4/2012 11:07:42 AM
CommunismFTW posted...
I love these speakers too but PC:H hates the hell out of them, and prefers crappy ass logitech Z units.

More like the opposite. This board keeps recommending them even though there are superior options.
---
What's a sig?
#14KillerTrufflePosted 6/4/2012 11:56:08 AM
I have been using my Klipsch 2.1s for at least 7 or 8 years now, and have had zero problems with them. Nothing has given out, they sound as good as the day I bought them... they work great. I'm still fully happy with mine.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#15fuzzymanPosted 6/5/2012 7:24:55 AM
My only problem is the bass, it's overkill. I leave it OFF
---
http://tinyurl.com/7tu9a76
#16unsolidsnake(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 7:28:29 AM
I have been using my Klipsch 2.1s for at least 7 or 8 years now, and have had zero problems with them. Nothing has given out, they sound as good as the day I bought them... they work great. I'm still fully happy with mine.

I could be wrong but as bad of luck as I've had with mine I think they probably used to make them with true quality parts, then later on decided to cut corners to maximize profit. I'm glad to hear yours are still going strong though, I absolutely love mine and would kill for a set that would never break. Or last more than six months lol.

My only problem is the bass, it's overkill. I leave it OFF

How can you use these with the bass completely off? I can see turning it down low, but off? Its kind of necessary for full range of sound.
---
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png