This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

beats by dre and bose headphones overprice? only good for named brand?

#31Lemur_HPosted 6/4/2012 10:06:52 PM
Apple products are functional and quite good.
---
2500K - 2x 560 Ti 448 SLI - 8GB DDR3 - M4 128GB SSD
#32SamuriPosted 6/4/2012 10:10:05 PM
Beats and Bose are generally considered poor choices by audiophile standards. You can get cheaper headphones with better sound quality.

However, the average person does not care. so it doesnt matter.
---
The life of the wife is ended by the knife.
#33Eggroll360Posted 6/4/2012 10:33:27 PM
chrono625 posted...
People that wear Beats are buying a logo...much like when people buy Apple prod...

Buys Sennheiser
Uses Macbook Air
Games on PC :D
??
---
GO NOLES!
#34CoriolisSTORMPosted 6/4/2012 10:33:49 PM
I am quite happy with my Nokia BH-905i headphones. Using than now as it were...
---
Core i7 980x / Asus P6X58D Premium / 6 GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator, 1000w Corsair PSU, 2x EVGA GTX 470s / HAF 932 /
#35Eggroll360Posted 6/4/2012 10:34:24 PM
Samuri posted...
Beats and Bose are generally considered poor choices by audiophile standards. You can get cheaper headphones with better sound quality.

However, the average person does not care. so it doesnt matter.

Those QC15 have mehh sound quality, but I loved the noise canceling.
---
GO NOLES!
#36gigapuddiPosted 6/4/2012 10:36:44 PM
Monster Turbines are actually decent.
#37MacDaddyWPosted 6/4/2012 11:03:01 PM
I've only listened to beats in the store but never extensively but do use bose so I can comment on them. Are they priced at a premium? Yeah they are. Are they worth it for 95% of people? No. That said, once you start using them It's really hard to go back. You have to pay an extra large chunk of money to step up to them but none of the lower priced models compare to it.

I had a more expensive pair of headphones that I thought were really good. Then my friend let me borrow his bose pair for a couple of weeks to see what I thought. At first I thought they were a bit better, especially with more classical themed music, but didn't think I would justify spending the extra on them. Then he took them back and I started using my old ones again. A month later I bought a pair myself. It's really a matter of all the little things you hear clearer and just a cleaner sound.

Like I said, for most people not worth it, but if you listen to a lot of music or get into the subtleties of the music and sounds of games or movies, they really are.
---
I've never been a woman's first man, but I've been told I've been their last.
#38PiratethingyPosted 6/5/2012 7:55:06 AM
Eggroll360 posted...
chrono625 posted...
People that wear Beats are buying a logo...much like when people buy Apple prod...

Buys Sennheiser
Uses Macbook Air
Games on PC :D
??

Fan of best football team
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Witcher 2, D3, Tribes: A, Zelda: SS
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900
#39GoIrish80Posted 6/5/2012 8:23:33 AM
MacDaddyW posted...
I've only listened to beats in the store but never extensively but do use bose so I can comment on them. Are they priced at a premium? Yeah they are. Are they worth it for 95% of people? No. That said, once you start using them It's really hard to go back. You have to pay an extra large chunk of money to step up to them but none of the lower priced models compare to it.

I had a more expensive pair of headphones that I thought were really good. Then my friend let me borrow his bose pair for a couple of weeks to see what I thought. At first I thought they were a bit better, especially with more classical themed music, but didn't think I would justify spending the extra on them. Then he took them back and I started using my old ones again. A month later I bought a pair myself. It's really a matter of all the little things you hear clearer and just a cleaner sound.

Like I said, for most people not worth it, but if you listen to a lot of music or get into the subtleties of the music and sounds of games or movies, they really are.

Bose really isn't any better in terms of quality to cost value.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.3ghz | 8GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB | 1TB HD x2