This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New computer - frozen desktop on occasion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New computer - frozen desktop on occasion?

User Info: FF4Fan1313

FF4Fan1313
4 years ago#1
Hi, I built a new computer about a week ago, and sometimes the desktop, and only the desktop (taskbar is fine), will freeze. I can't select or click on any icons. Is this a common problem? Thanks in Advance.
GW2 - The last time I was this excited for a game was never!
Judge the Catholic Church by its saints, not by its hypocrites.

User Info: DARQ MX

DARQ MX
4 years ago#2
FF4Fan1313 posted...
Hi, I built a new computer about a week ago, and sometimes the desktop, and only the desktop (taskbar is fine), will freeze. I can't select or click on any icons. Is this a common problem? Thanks in Advance.

No its not a common problem. lol, I would first reformat to see if it was a bad install, that way you don't think it is hard ware right away,, Restore now before you start getting data built up. If that doesn't work. I would take a look at doing a Memtest on your memory and if that comes up as passed. (after about 12-16 hours of testing) it could be a bad mobo or a psu.
Intel i5 2500k+ on FRIO|8GB G.Skill RipJaws|Raptor X, 1TB WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme 4, Gen3 |Sapphire 2GB 6950|Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R |Windows 7 Pro 64

User Info: FF4Fan1313

FF4Fan1313
4 years ago#3
k thanks
GW2 - The last time I was this excited for a game was never!
Judge the Catholic Church by its saints, not by its hypocrites.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New computer - frozen desktop on occasion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived