This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dell Optiplex 740 Desktop Computer, power supply question.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dell Optiplex 740 Desktop Computer, power supply question.

User Info: Gamerzero07

Gamerzero07
4 years ago#1
I am wondering about this computer, its the dell optiplex 740 desktop computer model, not the mini tower nor small form factor. now i need to upgrade the power supply, and was wondering if i can slap in any atx power supply, not a dell made power supply a name brand such as.. thermal take for example or coolmax etc, can i put in any regular atx power supply in? thanks.
________( ) ==== ()________________________
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]'''' ''''{__________}'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

User Info: redrum187

redrum187
4 years ago#2
yes you should be able to slap in any atx power supply. dell has not used proprietary power supplies for a few years although they do still use some proprietary stuff like front panel connectors. you may want to get a modular power supply since most dell cases are quite cramped and you would have to find a way to hide all the extra wires.
i still haven't found what i'm looking for...
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dell Optiplex 740 Desktop Computer, power supply question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived