This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Girlfriend wants a gaming pc . Should I give her mine and build a new one?

#1Weiki WeikiPosted 6/4/2012 7:22:25 PM
Ok so i have a few options. I have a rig that I put together about a year and a half ago. heres the specs -

i5 760 oc'd at 3.8ghz, aftermarket cooler(hyper 212 or something like that i dont remember)
4gb pc 12800 gskill ram
evga ftw sli mobo
2x MSI hawk 460gtx's
1tb 7200rpm hd
thermaltake 750w something something psu

I have a laptop that she has been playing on and shes starting to really get into pc gaming with me but the laptop is horrible and can only run some games at lowest settings. I have a buddy who has some 2 year old parts that he MIGHT sell them to me at a discount so I could throw something together for her, or I could upgrade and have this current computer as a secondary computer for her to use(and friends who come over). I've also considered a gaming laptop for space and transportation to friends houses but the one I want is in the range of 1600. Hmm.

So I either build a new awesome rig in the price range of 1200'ish, get the gaming laptop for 1600 (and probably a month from now because the 7970 is on backorder from most distros), or try and get some of my buddies 2 year old parts for a discount price(i have to wait for him to wake up to see if he'd be willing to do that).

What do you guys think?
---
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, TERA, LoL
#2Bazooka_PenguinPosted 6/4/2012 7:25:23 PM
Build her something cheap with some used parts.

Your PC is fairly good as-is
---
Deth Pen
#3Weiki Weiki(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 7:29:35 PM
Bazooka_Penguin posted...
Build her something cheap with some used parts.

Your PC is fairly good as-is

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I can max just about everything except some games like Metro 2033. Hopefully my buddy will part with some of his stuff, if not then *shrugs* I want her to have something that can make games at least look really pretty and run good., doesn't have to be MAX settings like mine.
---
Currently Playing: Diablo 3, TERA, LoL