This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just real quick question ^.^

#1LinkIsSpartanPosted 6/4/2012 9:05:36 PM
i know this MAY be the wrong board but i got a question about QoS on my netgear dng2200. I want to prioritze psn network.

You see, i got a bunch of family members using the internet. My dad usually leaves his downloads on before he goes to sleep, so during then my internet games lag. If i prioritize playstation network, would i still get lag even when someone else is downloading something on my network?

There a 4 categories : Online gaming, Ethernet LAN, applications and MAC address. I should choose 'Online gaming', right? What about MAC address of my playstation? which one would be better?

when adding the rule, i get these options:

Specified Port Range
Connection Type
Starting Port (1~65535)
Ending Port (1~65535)

i thought i would of just had to type in the static ip address of my playstation. What do i have to add in those fields? the ports? if so, playstation network has many ports...

Thanks !
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.
#2LinkIsSpartan(Topic Creator)Posted 6/4/2012 9:08:36 PM
EDIT: I just click MAC address category and my Playstation MAC was already there. Should i just choose that? will that priotize EVERYTHING on my playstation including downloads and online gaming?
---
Understand, Man is not a machine - he needs a surface, a purpose and a reason of being.