This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LoL, HoN or Dota 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. LoL, HoN or Dota 2?

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
4 years ago#11
HoN is a joke, LoL is ok, and Dota 2 will reign supreme when it's released.

User Info: schadow

schadow
4 years ago#12
HoN is only good if you bought the game before they went F2P.
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!

User Info: torres007

torres007
4 years ago#13
I love LoL, people said HoN was better so I bought it and didnt like it. I never played Dota but I want to try Dota 2
Torres man get a sig.

User Info: n00blet245

n00blet245
4 years ago#14
I'm actually in the minority here. I prefer HoN over both because I like the fact that I have to earn X coins to buy X hero.

User Info: Javij01

Javij01
4 years ago#15
n00blet245 posted...
I'm actually in the minority here. I prefer HoN over both because I like the fact that I have to earn X coins to buy X hero.

thats exactly what you do in LoL as well
i5-2500k @ 4.5 ghz || Hyper Evo212+ || Sapphire 6970 || 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws || MSI P67A-43 || Corsair 500r

User Info: schadow

schadow
4 years ago#16
So I just booted into Windows and tried DotA 2 for the first time in a while. It still looks like a beta.

-Can't set native resolution for some reason. Interface and HUD looks good, but the 3D models ingame look like mashed potatoes.

-Font looks butt-ugly (but maybe that's a problem with Windows' ever-miserable font rendering)

-Everything seems a lot more "fluid" than HoN, but also a lot harder to discern and read movements. Animations play a huge role, so I guess it's something I'll have to get used to, if I play this when it's fully released.

-Hero selection makes no sense. You scroll sideway through a large number of heroes without any overview, unlike HoN were all hero portraits are seen at once, and sorted by primary attribute.

And my mouse movement sucks on Windows, because I can't hit the exact same speed I'm used to on Mac :p

I noticed that Pebbles/Tiny couldn't one-shot an enemy at lv 7-8, like he can in HoN. So game is supposedly a lot more balanced and a lot less one-shot killing?
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
4 years ago#17
-Hero selection makes no sense. You scroll sideway through a large number of heroes without any overview, unlike HoN were all hero portraits are seen at once, and sorted by primary attribute.

haven't booted into dota 2 for a while but this seems silly.

pretty sure the original mode of sorting heroes through portraits/attribute is still in there somewhere.
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?

User Info: Javij01

Javij01
4 years ago#18
on the bottom of the screen there is the option for a grid selection menu instead of the side scrolling, dont know why they thought that was a good idea
i5-2500k @ 4.5 ghz || Hyper Evo212+ || Sapphire 6970 || 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws || MSI P67A-43 || Corsair 500r

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
4 years ago#19
diablo 3
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. LoL, HoN or Dota 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived