This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0 screnshots and artwork

#1kamikaze135Posted 6/5/2012 10:52:30 AM
http://www.ffandmore.com/

For those who don't know:

It was announced in 2010 or early 2011 (can't remember exactly when) that due to the failure launch in 2010, Final Fantasy XIV will be completely rebuilt from the ground up and re-launched later this year (around November). It will have a new graphics engine, new server structure, a completely overhauled world, and a ton of new content for 2.0.

So far, XIV has seen a revamped battle system, revamped classes, a job system (sort of like what advanced classes would have been like in XI), mounts, airships, dungeons, raids, boss fights, and some other things as well. The beta for 2.0 should be going live in October according to this:

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/en/FFXIV_2.0_Roadmap_EN.pdf

Here is some more info:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

Just wanted to post this since I know most people aren't up to date with the game and as of late, a lot of horrible MMO games have been coming out. Hopefully 2.0 will be a change of pace and actually be good this time around.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#2AboveAllFearPosted 6/5/2012 11:16:43 AM(edited)
Any word how much the monthly fee is going to be? That's what drove me away from it before.
#3kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 11:20:42 AM
Currently it's $9.99 till 2.0 launches. If you register for 3 months, that's how much you will be paying for good after 2.0 launches. If not....well, I forgot how much it is exactly. They are also giving us up to 40 characters to make with 2.0....or now. Not really sure when that's happening since I don't plan on making another character, given that we can become any class we want, lol.
---
#4kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 11:21:38 AM
Actually, here, just check this out:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/campaign/campaign.html#legacy

It goes into detail on the pricing.
---
#5schadowPosted 6/5/2012 11:27:31 AM
So, does this game play like an FF game, or WoW with an FF skin?
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#6kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 11:44:46 AM
It plays a lot like a FF game and nothing like WoW. Basically you can become any class and master any class. You become a class simple by equipping a weapon that is for that class. Equipping a sword will automatically change your class to a Warrior, an axe changes you to a Marauder, etc. Crafting and gathering classes are classes you also have to work hard to level up.....you have to work hard at them just as you would the battle classes. You're never limited to a class. XIV also has a job system that plays out like advanced classes....sort of. They have powerful spells and are a big help in parties.

The combat has a combo system. For example, if you use Fire and then Firaga, Firaga has a less cooldown and deals more damage, I believe. Using it outside of the combo is still possible, but using combos adds different effects...some can even grant debuffs.

In 2.0 you will be able to breed Chocobo and battle while being mounted on them as well.
---
#7DoomInternPosted 6/5/2012 1:56:23 PM
When does 2.0 Beta launch? I want to take advantage of this Legacy system.

After the **** that was SWToR, I need an MMORPG to wash it out...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#8AboveAllFearPosted 6/5/2012 2:06:11 PM
Forget it, then. I thought it'd be free to play or something.
#9kamikaze135(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 2:36:47 PM
DoomIntern posted...
When does 2.0 Beta launch? I want to take advantage of this Legacy system.

After the **** that was SWToR, I need an MMORPG to wash it out...

October. According to the road map that SE posted, anyway. I would expect it to be out by around November though.
---
#10KingsofroninPosted 6/5/2012 2:42:29 PM
Been playing 1.xx for a while now. I've liked it since launch. Still play it 3-4 hours a day. Great game made even better by 2.0.
---
Now Playing: Diablo III (PC), League of Legends (PC), Final Fantasy XIV(PC) and Saints Row III (PC) [PC ONLY 4EVER]