This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How will this PC handle Skyrim?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How will this PC handle Skyrim?
3 years ago#1
Processor: AMD Phenom 9500 2.2 GHz Quad-Core

Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 6850

Ram: 7 GBs

Resolution: 1600 x 900

How will I handle Skyrim? I know my Graphics card should be fine but my CPU is deff where I need to worry about
---
Kick in tha door wavin' the 44! All yah heard was poppa dont hit me no more! D;
3 years ago#2
Skyrim apparently ran better after some patches...I don't know how your CPU compares to the FX 4100, but this is how that runs it now

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4100-core-i3-2100-gaming-benchmark,3136-7.html
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
Won't get Battlefield 3 until all DLC is included
3 years ago#3
Thats actually very inspiring thanks lol. Any other inputs?
---
Kick in tha door wavin' the 44! All yah heard was poppa dont hit me no more! D;
3 years ago#4
I run it with my Pentium D and 5670 and get better graphics than the consoles, even at a pretty nice frame rate.
---
Steam sales. There are at least 9 every week, including mid week madness and weekend deals.
3 years ago#5
It'll run fine, Skyrim is not a very demanding game.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#6
I saw someone at my college running Skyrim on a Macbook Pro at about 20-30 fps. A 6850 should have no problem.
3 years ago#7
Probably very high or max settings with 30 FPS
---
AMD PhenomIIx6 1045t @ 3.0GHZ, 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline, XFX Radeon 5770
3 years ago#8
Processor will probably hold you back a bit.
---
I have this sig just to get past the "no all caps" error when my message is just numbers or an acronym.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How will this PC handle Skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived