This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my sound card doesnt have a jack left for my headphones.

#1Retro_CuddlesPosted 6/5/2012 1:26:43 PM
ok i bought a sb audigy card about 2 months ago. bought some 5.1 speakers also. i also have a 5.1 headphones. well with my speakers all plugged into the sound card. i only had a red (pink if your american :p ) jack for my mic and a blue jack left :s.

plugging my headphones into the green jack on the motherboard does nothing and same for the front 2 jacks.

does this mean i must unplug my speakers everytime i want to use my headphones? there must be a simpler way. there is no jacks on my subwoofer where all the speakers plug into either.

also how come when i select 5.1 in games and movies sound still only comes from the front left and right speaker? i know they are all set up correct because when i do the test thing i can hear the voice saying front left, rear left etc etc out of all the speakers.
---
R.I.P Ryan Dunn
Proud to know my Great Grandfather was in the British SAS
#2Bazooka_PenguinPosted 6/5/2012 2:33:11 PM
Isn't there a plug on the soundcard itself that can connect to the front panel ports?
---
Deth Pen
#3DillMan926Posted 6/5/2012 2:42:06 PM
I have the same "issue" TC. And yes, I have to unplug my speakers every time I want to use mic/headphones. It is annoying. Do not think there is any other way since they use the same jack.
---
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap
#4XjphPosted 6/5/2012 2:45:30 PM(edited)
I don't have the same issue insofar as my front panel jacks work, but my speakers also have a headphone jack on them that I can use. I assume yours don't have similar?

As for surround in games and movies, not everything on a PC will output surround. What games, and are you sure the movies have a 5.1 or 7.1 audio track?
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."
#5Lonestar2000Posted 6/5/2012 2:46:56 PM
Either get a splitter or a switch. Fir the second problem is Windows and your programs set to use 5.1?
---
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
#6DillMan926Posted 6/6/2012 11:32:39 AM
well, my speakers does have a headphone jack, but not a mic jack, so kind of pointless. I guess I do not really get why you would want to use headphones instead of speakers in the first place. The only time I unplug my speakers is when I am using a mic for skype/vent for WoW/Diablo/other online games.

The topic asks for a headphone jack though, so maybe I am in the minority.
---
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap
#7WerdnAndreWPosted 6/6/2012 11:56:20 AM(edited)
My Asus Xonar DG auto detects when I plug something into the front headphone port and switches to that. I also have the option in my Asus panel to switch between the front port and rear. I guess it depends if your sound card supports this, nothing to do with Windows.

Do you have a link showing exactly what sound card you have?
---
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k (4.4ghz) ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb 1600 ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Crucial M4 128GB