This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

my sound card doesnt have a jack left for my headphones.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. my sound card doesnt have a jack left for my headphones.

User Info: Retro_Cuddles

Retro_Cuddles
4 years ago#1
ok i bought a sb audigy card about 2 months ago. bought some 5.1 speakers also. i also have a 5.1 headphones. well with my speakers all plugged into the sound card. i only had a red (pink if your american :p ) jack for my mic and a blue jack left :s.

plugging my headphones into the green jack on the motherboard does nothing and same for the front 2 jacks.

does this mean i must unplug my speakers everytime i want to use my headphones? there must be a simpler way. there is no jacks on my subwoofer where all the speakers plug into either.

also how come when i select 5.1 in games and movies sound still only comes from the front left and right speaker? i know they are all set up correct because when i do the test thing i can hear the voice saying front left, rear left etc etc out of all the speakers.
R.I.P Ryan Dunn
Proud to know my Great Grandfather was in the British SAS

User Info: Bazooka_Penguin

Bazooka_Penguin
4 years ago#2
Isn't there a plug on the soundcard itself that can connect to the front panel ports?
Deth Pen

User Info: DillMan926

DillMan926
4 years ago#3
I have the same "issue" TC. And yes, I have to unplug my speakers every time I want to use mic/headphones. It is annoying. Do not think there is any other way since they use the same jack.
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap

User Info: Xjph

Xjph
4 years ago#4
I don't have the same issue insofar as my front panel jacks work, but my speakers also have a headphone jack on them that I can use. I assume yours don't have similar?

As for surround in games and movies, not everything on a PC will output surround. What games, and are you sure the movies have a 5.1 or 7.1 audio track?
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
4 years ago#5
Either get a splitter or a switch. Fir the second problem is Windows and your programs set to use 5.1?
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335

User Info: DillMan926

DillMan926
4 years ago#6
well, my speakers does have a headphone jack, but not a mic jack, so kind of pointless. I guess I do not really get why you would want to use headphones instead of speakers in the first place. The only time I unplug my speakers is when I am using a mic for skype/vent for WoW/Diablo/other online games.

The topic asks for a headphone jack though, so maybe I am in the minority.
-Death is certain, Life is not
-Religion emphasizes faith because if people used logic they would see through the crap

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
4 years ago#7
My Asus Xonar DG auto detects when I plug something into the front headphone port and switches to that. I also have the option in my Asus panel to switch between the front port and rear. I guess it depends if your sound card supports this, nothing to do with Windows.

Do you have a link showing exactly what sound card you have?
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k (4.4ghz) ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb 1600 ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Crucial M4 128GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. my sound card doesnt have a jack left for my headphones.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived