This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I already own a high end PC but is getting a PS3 a good idea?

#21ChromaticAngelPosted 6/5/2012 10:38:08 PM
jessica73 posted...
PC + PS3, as I said in the other thread, is the best combination for gaming all around.

If you're a hardcore Halo, Gears or Forza fan, get the 360, but really, Gears, Forza, and Halo are the only three games that the 360 gets that the PC doesn't get, aside from Kinect games.

Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, XBLA games like Ms. Splosion Man?
either one is fine, but I barely use my ps3 over my 360

Lost Odyssey is the worst JRPG I've ever owned. I would say it's actually just the worst JRPG I ever played, but I technically played 5 minutes of Blue Dragon while it was being demoed at GameStop.

Everything Mistwalker makes is complete s***

and it should come as no surprise, really, JRPGs are more or less dead on consoles. DQ is moving to Handhelds, All the Disgaea games are on Handhelds now. Ys gone to Handhelds. Final Fantasy is pretty much the last major currently active JRPG IP that hasn't gone to Handhelds.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#22spanishbobPosted 6/6/2012 2:20:47 AM
ChromaticAngel posted...
jessica73 posted...
PC + PS3, as I said in the other thread, is the best combination for gaming all around.

If you're a hardcore Halo, Gears or Forza fan, get the 360, but really, Gears, Forza, and Halo are the only three games that the 360 gets that the PC doesn't get, aside from Kinect games.

Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, Tales of Vesperia, XBLA games like Ms. Splosion Man?
either one is fine, but I barely use my ps3 over my 360

Lost Odyssey is the worst JRPG I've ever owned. I would say it's actually just the worst JRPG I ever played, but I technically played 5 minutes of Blue Dragon while it was being demoed at GameStop.

Everything Mistwalker makes is complete s***

and it should come as no surprise, really, JRPGs are more or less dead on consoles. DQ is moving to Handhelds, All the Disgaea games are on Handhelds now. Ys gone to Handhelds. Final Fantasy is pretty much the last major currently active JRPG IP that hasn't gone to Handhelds.

Lost Odyssey is a great game. Personally I think it's one of the best JRPG's this gen. The only thing that I didn't like was the singing children cinematic.
#23DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/6/2012 2:32:23 AM
If there's games you want to play on it, go for it.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
#24kingoffpsPosted 6/6/2012 2:50:00 AM
Awesomdor posted...
Little****ingBigPlanet

I wanted to enjoy that game so much...but the jumping seemed a bit "off". I also don't like games where the majority of the content is user-created.
---
i7 920 @ 3Ghz, MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, Powercolor 4870X2, 2x500GB WD in Raid-0, 1TB Samsung, 1.5TB Maxtor, 950W PSU, Windows 7 RTM x64
#25runromPosted 6/6/2012 4:01:30 AM
As a media hub, a PS3 is great. My folks use mine for Blu-ray and Netflix. If there are certain games you want to play on the PS3, then pick one up.
---
MBP 2009 | AMD PII 720 x3 + 4870 | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 0.6 | MyTouch4g CM7
Games I play: TF2, Company of Heroes, Killing Floor
#26petran78Posted 6/6/2012 4:21:17 AM
how much time would you devote to PC games if you get the PS3? it would be a waste really, especially for the PC.

if you want to get the PS3 for just a few exclusives it would be fine, but getting more games would make you either to drop the one over the other
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#27Mr kittyPosted 6/6/2012 5:58:03 AM
High end PC + XBOX 360 is the best combo.

There's too much good console exclusive to bother with the PS3 bad performance. I would also note that the 360 have a much cleaner picture.

Each time you pop a new game on PS3 you will wait 15min before playing that new game. It is the most annoying system I have ever purchased in my life so far.
---
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|1TB+1TB+1TB+1TB+2TB|Antec Quattro850W|TC-32LZ800|Corsair 800D
#28FireMarthPosted 6/6/2012 6:01:42 AM
I own my PC, a 360, and a PS3.

Just get all of them and never worry about it.
---
Learn about new music! Undiscovered bands! http://tinyurl.com/3tcxa4w
~**~This signature is dedicated to C16 of the Rock Band 2 board~**~
#29GM_Posted 6/6/2012 6:20:10 AM
PS3? Sure
Wii? Sure why not it has great exclusives
360? Not really unless you're into Halo and Forza games
---
R.I.P - My kitty 2010-2012 on 3/22/2012
She lost her battle with Feline Leukemia
#30JinKagekiyoPosted 6/6/2012 6:54:58 AM
Mr kitty posted...

Each time you pop a new game on PS3 you will wait 15min before playing that new game. It is the most annoying system I have ever purchased in my life so far.

Just curious, but what games on the PS3 make you wait 15min before playing? I would want to avoid that x_x.

I have a mid range computer and I was always contemplating on buying a console. I bought a PS3 for various games I wanted to play such as Gundam Extreme Vs. , but I've found myself to be using my PS3 more to stream media to my TV from the PC at the moment. Whether it be an XBOX or PS3, I try to buy a console based on how much I can use it and not get bored of it. Just think to yourself; if you get bored with the games, how much will you be using it? Will it just sit there and gain dust? Also, I don't own an Xbox, but I feel like multiplayer is better on it than PS3. That's just my opinion. Even on a mid ranged computer, I've found the graphics for games such as Assassin's Creed to be far better on PC with AA and everything running.
---
PSN id: JinKagekiyo