This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with installing graphics card

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with installing graphics card
3 years ago#1
I bought a gt 430 for my emachine and I'm having problems. Here are my specs emachine t5048 intel p4 524 2gb ram windows xp sp3. I install the card into the pci-e slot and the fan will run but then when I try to install the drivers from the driver cd it hangs. I did get it to read after 8 mins but after I did I clicked on " install video drivers" but it causes an error. So I tried downloading the display driver on the evga website and it says the graphics display can't find any compatible graphic hardware! Any help cause this is ridiculous. I use my old ATI radeon card still and all I need to do is pop it Into the slot and then download the drivers from it's disc! Help please cause I'm about just ready to get a refund
---
wow!
3 years ago#2
You should get a refund anyway, a 430 is a terrible card. Better off with a 6570 or 6670 anyway. As to the 430, run drive (driver?) sweeper first and then install the new drivers.
3 years ago#3
Refund would be the way to go. GT430 is a terrible value and isn't a gaming card at all.
That said, download the latest drivers from the nVidia website. They'll be more up to date. Select your card, select your operating system, download, and install.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help with installing graphics card

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived