This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help with installing graphics card

#1MaxP188Posted 6/5/2012 8:20:26 PM
I bought a gt 430 for my emachine and I'm having problems. Here are my specs emachine t5048 intel p4 524 2gb ram windows xp sp3. I install the card into the pci-e slot and the fan will run but then when I try to install the drivers from the driver cd it hangs. I did get it to read after 8 mins but after I did I clicked on " install video drivers" but it causes an error. So I tried downloading the display driver on the evga website and it says the graphics display can't find any compatible graphic hardware! Any help cause this is ridiculous. I use my old ATI radeon card still and all I need to do is pop it Into the slot and then download the drivers from it's disc! Help please cause I'm about just ready to get a refund
---
wow!
#2link510Posted 6/5/2012 8:33:19 PM
You should get a refund anyway, a 430 is a terrible card. Better off with a 6570 or 6670 anyway. As to the 430, run drive (driver?) sweeper first and then install the new drivers.
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/5/2012 9:22:58 PM
Refund would be the way to go. GT430 is a terrible value and isn't a gaming card at all.
That said, download the latest drivers from the nVidia website. They'll be more up to date. Select your card, select your operating system, download, and install.
---
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!