This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Summer Sale

#1QuestofChosenPosted 6/5/2012 8:38:42 PM
I just started pc gaming recently, I have no knowledge about steam's summer sale. What usually goes on sale and can I expect games like Skyrim and Alan Wake to be on sale?
#2SefcaBlightPosted 6/5/2012 8:40:54 PM
they have tons of games discounted and also have a line up of games discounted even further on the daily deals

as a golden rule don't pick up anything until the last day in case it pops up on the daily deal where it will be even cheaper

also skyrim and alan wake will definitely be on sale
#3QuestofChosen(Topic Creator)Posted 6/5/2012 8:43:33 PM
I see, thanks. I always hear amazing stories about the summer sale and how people buy a bunch of games. Good to know those games will be on sale, have a lot of games to catch up on!
#4deltaforzesPosted 6/5/2012 8:58:54 PM
SefcaBlight posted...
they have tons of games discounted and also have a line up of games discounted even further on the daily deals

as a golden rule don't pick up anything until the last day in case it pops up on the daily deal where it will be even cheaper

My rule is that if I see something I want for less than 10 dollars its mine. No point in taking the risky chance that it will be on sale again right at the end.
---
PSN: V-MAN_24
i7 2600k @ 3.4GHZ-Radeon 6970 2GB-8gb GSKILL RAW RAM-SIVLERSTONE 600W PSU- ASROCK MOBO.
#5Lancex51Posted 6/5/2012 9:06:11 PM
QuestofChosen posted...
I see, thanks. I always hear amazing stories about the summer sale and how people buy a bunch of games. Good to know those games will be on sale, have a lot of games to catch up on!

Just in case you haven't seen it: http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader.php?file=143912-its-goofy-time.png

I usually try to set aside like $50 for the summer sale. There are some deals you just can't pass up. It's probably the most amazing thing about being a PC gamer.
#6gamewizard11Posted 6/5/2012 9:10:10 PM
deltaforzes posted...
SefcaBlight posted...

My rule is that if I see something I want for less than 10 dollars its mine. No point in taking the risky chance that it will be on sale again right at the end.

I think he meant don't buy any non-featured sale until the last day (since a ton of games go on sale besides the ones 12 advertised on front page).
---
don't have a waifu. 2D is just too mainstream and 1D is not even visible.
#7DartkunPosted 6/5/2012 9:13:34 PM
Almost certainly both of those titles will go on sale.

Expect either 33% (lowest cost so far) or 50% for Skyrim

Expect 50% (lowest cost so far), 66% or 75% off Alan Wake.
---
Resident LoL Board Katarina Player
If I ever help you and you want to thank me -- http://bit.ly/HLKSMs -- Sign up for Tribes Ascend
#8ZackG31Posted 6/5/2012 9:16:42 PM
Any chance Max Payne 3 or Binary Domain will go on sale this summer
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#9DartkunPosted 6/5/2012 9:17:50 PM
ZackG31 posted...

I wouldn't expect Max Payne 3, but Binary will probably go 25% off.
---
Resident LoL Board Katarina Player
If I ever help you and you want to thank me -- http://bit.ly/HLKSMs -- Sign up for Tribes Ascend
#10ZackG31Posted 6/5/2012 9:19:36 PM
Dartkun posted...
ZackG31 posted...

I wouldn't expect Max Payne 3, but Binary will probably go 25% off.

Was going to buy Binary Domain this weekend but I guess I should wait for the summer sale.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!