This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam Summer Sale

#11JenfromwinPosted 6/5/2012 9:20:26 PM
when is the summer sale? In july? Also are they going to be doing anything like with the christmas sale where you played games and got coal that sorta thing?
#12ZackG31Posted 6/5/2012 9:20:31 PM
TC Alan Wake was on sale for $15 a few weeks ago so it should be back for the summer sale.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#13ZackG31Posted 6/5/2012 9:21:34 PM
Jenfromwin posted...
when is the summer sale? In july? Also are they going to be doing anything like with the christmas sale where you played games and got coal that sorta thing?

I think it is last week of June or the first week of July.
---
Atheism is a terrible bet. It gives you no chance of winning the prize.
Synthesis is the Best option.... FOR THE REAPERS!
#14DartkunPosted 6/5/2012 9:26:00 PM
ZackG31 posted...
Jenfromwin posted...

I think it is last week of June or the first week of July.

It should be around that time, and YES. The steam summer event happens,

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Steam_Summer_Camp

This lists the achievements, which gave you tickets, which could be used to get prizes.

Note this is for last year, don't go download all of these games to find out that the prizes were given out last year.

It's a really fun system, last year I got
"Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Retribution
Blood Ravenís veteranís helmet "

"A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
Beserker suit "

"Team Fortress 2
Summer Shades "

and

"Alien Breed: Impact
Free game "
---
Resident LoL Board Katarina Player
If I ever help you and you want to thank me -- http://bit.ly/HLKSMs -- Sign up for Tribes Ascend
#15sfcalimariPosted 6/5/2012 9:38:40 PM
Seems like they change the system every time they have a big seasonal sale. I think last summer they had literally everything on sale by a modest amount, like 10 to 25% off, and then each day had daily deals with really huge sales, like 75% off some games. Then at the end of the week they had all the daily deals available on the last day. Which screwed me over because I got some games like Darksiders for 25% off and then a couple days later they went on sale for more like 75% off. But I think for the last winter sale they never redid the daily deals at the end, which screwed me over because I passed on a daily deal or two then changed my mind and figured I'd get it on the last day, but the last day sale never happened.

In any case the main thing to do is check on the daily deals, and if you want a game, get it. Don't be tempted by the way they put every game on sale by a modest amount because you have no idea if they'll do a daily deal the next day with a crazy low price. If they never do a daily deal on a game you want and you still want to get it with the modest sale price reduction, by all means get it on the last day, but hold out until that last day to make sure it doesn't get daily deal'd.
---
things that work interest us less than things that don't.
--Adam Gopnik