This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

real time next gen footage demonstrated: FINAL FANTASY

#21AsucaHayashiPosted 6/6/2012 2:14:59 PM
Seems cool that all these tech demos are running on pc at e3 this year and it makes sense considering all the rumors of the next gen systems being made from slightly modified pc parts. It means less console exclusives and another win for the master race :)

not gonna happen.

1: lure consumers in with PC level graphics done on PCs
2: advertise the products as being achievable on next-gen console
3: ???
4: profit!
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#22revolverPosted 6/6/2012 2:22:00 PM
I'm not saying that consoles are going to keep up graphically but that it's good evidence that the rumors are true about next gen consoles using pc hardware. Hardware dev costs are just too high so it makes sense to use off the shelf parts and it'll keep developers happy too since they are familiar with it. It will make sense for a developer to make the game for high end pc's and then just optimize it and lower the graphical settings for consoles.
---
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
#23AsucaHayashiPosted 6/6/2012 2:37:16 PM
oh i was mostly referring to the less console exclusives and a win for master race thing.. yea why quote the whole thing then etc. >_>

the marketing and progression will most likely be the same... advertise next-gen hardware capabilities(on PC probably) and convince people they're getting PC level graphics and options "only" on their chosen console.

the only real advantage i see PC gaming getting would be a slight bump to the standard of graphics to accomodate the new consoles and "maybe" more optimized ports considering the usage of PC hardware etc. but i'm not keeping my hopes up for that last one for reasons that are obvious.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#24punji_styx88Posted 6/6/2012 3:00:42 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
Great tech demo... too bad thats all it will be for YEARS. We've had the tech for amazing visuals and content for a long time now. Game companies just can't justify the crazy amount of man hours needed to do all the amazing animation and art assets for a game of this caliber. Unless you are okay with 4 hour epics, I can't see this kind of visual fidelity becoming the norm for a very long time.

This is exactly why the average gamer cannot jusitfy paying 2000 + for mere gaming.And why consoles have become a much bigger market.
#25DV8ingSourcesPosted 6/6/2012 3:04:03 PM
punji_styx88 posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
Great tech demo... too bad thats all it will be for YEARS. We've had the tech for amazing visuals and content for a long time now. Game companies just can't justify the crazy amount of man hours needed to do all the amazing animation and art assets for a game of this caliber. Unless you are okay with 4 hour epics, I can't see this kind of visual fidelity becoming the norm for a very long time.

This is exactly why the average gamer cannot jusitfy paying 2000 + for mere gaming.And why consoles have become a much bigger market.

Except that argument holds no water these days. You can build a 600 dollar pc that outclasses current consoles by a mile. Games are cheaper too. Price is no longer a major variable. Justifying a high end rig for the high end visuals is a personal thing but a 600 dollar pc is nearly as affordable as a console considering the other things it can do over and above gaming.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1