This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Soft/Cloth vs Hard/Plastic Mouse Pad.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Soft/Cloth vs Hard/Plastic Mouse Pad.
4 years ago#11
As for plastic ones, I've got this one and I like it much more than my old cloth one. Although the one I had was a cheapo.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002NIO792/ref=oh_details_o01_s02_i00

And Unhead, I'm gonna have to disagree with you, at least on cleaning. I noticed if any dirt or dust got on my cloth pad it would really get caught in the fiber of it and I could never get the damn thing clean, the hard plastic one I have now I can just wipe with a wet cloth. =] As for the mouse feet wearing down faster, hard to say for me. I used a deathadder with my soft pad for two years with no problems, then upgraded to the G9x with the hard pad. Have only had it for about a month now.
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png
4 years ago#12
Used to use soft but I like hard now. I might try a good soft one but I feel like I would be wasting money since my rocketfish pad is still in near-new condition
Deth Pen
4 years ago#13
People still use mousepads?!? Are you also using a mouse that has a ball in it as well?
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
4 years ago#14
IMO anyone that uses their desk is missing out. Everyone should have a mousepad. Hard or cloth, its much nicer than using your desk.
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png
4 years ago#15
unsolidsnake posted...
IMO anyone that uses their desk is missing out. Everyone should have a mousepad. Hard or cloth, its much nicer than using your desk.

HUH?!? This isn't the 90's bro
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
4 years ago#16
SteelSeries Qck mass heavy
Kick in tha door wavin' the 44! All yah heard was poppa dont hit me no more! D;
4 years ago#17
Rocketfish gaming mousepad from best buy.
i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz || asrock z68 extreme4 gen3 || Asus DCUII gtx 580 @ 882/2004mhz || 2x4GB g.skill ripjaws ram || samsung 830 128gb ssd || PC P&C mkii 950w
4 years ago#18
Fade2black001 posted...
People still use mousepads?!? Are you also using a mouse that has a ball in it as well?

I use a cloth mousepad at work with a built in gel wrist support. I couldn't use the desk (the noise would piss me off no end) not to mention the fact that my work mouse is crap and not ergonomic at all. At home I use a hard mousepad as I have a very expensive desk that I don't want to mark up. Plus the pad feels so nice.
4 years ago#19

your mouse feet are probably f'd up, and your mouse probably doesn't glide as smoothly.
4 years ago#20
Personal preference. Also, some sensors work better on one than the other.

Personally I love the hard pads way more. Came from soft pads so had to get used to them, but when I did, I felt more accurate and because of the lower resistance I thought they were more comfortable to use. I do not like the ultra-smooth kind though. I prefer the ones with a slightly rough texture to give a little bit more grip (like the razer scarab).

One reason why I use a mousepad is so that when I game somewhere else, I can take my mouse and pad and have the exact same experience (also, there is no guarantee my mouse will track on any surface I may run into). I also think the glide on some pads just makes gaming more comfortable , and in my case, the pad pays for itself because without it, I would have to replace my mouse feet every 6-8 months.
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Soft/Cloth vs Hard/Plastic Mouse Pad.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived