This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need some advice about bottlenecking

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need some advice about bottlenecking
3 years ago#1
I wanted to know what the best performance i could get from a dual core amd processor 5000 and 3.5gb ram. Reason i say this is because my friend is giving me(yes for free) a gtx550i which is better than the gt4301gb i have now. I already have 450w psu ready for the 550 but was wondering how much better performance i could get compared to the gt430. Thanks
---
BRAVE VESPERIA!
3 years ago#2
Huge ass improvement. Rough idea:
http://www.hwcompare.com/9700/geforce-gt-430-1gb-vs-geforce-gtx-550-ti/

Processor can hold you back with certain games though (specially Source games).
---
ns
3 years ago#3
yup, fairly large improvement, like not running bf3 at all to running medium high settings. while technically, your cpu may hold you back b/c its a little old, but for the most part you will get a huge performance increase, it wont matter in the end imho.
---
<- Q9550@3.3 - G31M - Hyper 212+ - 4 gig 1066 - GTX 470 650mhz - xfi 5.1 usb - turtle beach HPA2 true 5.1 - 64 gig Mushkin SSD ->
3 years ago#4
If you can, see if you can oc your processor. My g530 holds me back in cpu dependent games (looking at you, Assassin's Creed) and I can't even play it with any backround programs, really, as the stuttering is unbearable. And all of this is with a 5770 (roughly equal to a 550, little less). But for the most part, any game that's not really that taxing on the cpu (which is like, most of them) will see a ridiculously big improvement.

What's your resolution? The higher the resolution, the bigger increase you'll see from a better gpu (because cpu performance stays constant)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need some advice about bottlenecking

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived