This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Possible to remap advanced keyboard functions to different keys?

#1GreyRainCloudPosted 6/7/2012 6:47:24 AM(edited)
I bought the HP Web OS Bluetooth Keyboard. I know that since I have bought a non-Windows keyboard I have no reason to complain, but the thing is a piece of art and exteremely well made. And I got it for dead cheap brand new.

EDIT: Picture of the keyboard. The 'Symbol' button is ALTGR: http://myhpwebos.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/cimg0200.jpg

It does have an issue however: No F keys.

Is there an advanced software that would allow me to remap advanced keyboard functions (for example ALTGR+1 to F1, ALTGR+2 to F2 and so and so forth)?

I tried KeyTweak, SharpKeys and Microsoft's tool to no avail. They do allow me to change regular key presses (for example 1 to F1) but not advanced ones.

I know that the devices sends specific codes when ALTGR is pressed alongside another button. SharpKeys is able to 'read' the new codes, but does not allow me to remap them. For example when I press 1 I get 1, but when I press it with ALTGR I get a different code.

But it won't let me remap this particular keycode.

Any ideas?
---
"We are in a period of such individualism that one no longer speaks of disciples; one speaks of thieves." - Jean Cocteau
#2unsolidsnakePosted 6/7/2012 6:48:40 AM
A keyboard with no F keys? Sounds like a major fail.

Unfortunately I do not know of anything to allow you to do this. I would just send it back and get a keyboard with all the buttons.
---
http://speedtest.net/result/1396638311.png
#3GreyRainCloud(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 6:55:20 AM
I knew that no F keys were printed on it. But I hoped the top row of buttons can be remapped to them, or even functions as F keys automatically on Windows. Sadly this is not the case. Only one button of them remaps usefully in an automatic way (top left becomes ESC)
---
"We are in a period of such individualism that one no longer speaks of disciples; one speaks of thieves." - Jean Cocteau