This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam isn't recognizing my games I just installed.

#1popnZitsnEatnemPosted 6/7/2012 7:49:16 AM
I have these games installed on another PC. I copied them to an external HDD then to the HDD of this computer but Steam isn't recognizing them.

If I open Steam Mover, it shows the games under Steam on this HDD. I can even go into the folders in Steam and manually open these games. They just won't appear in my Steam Library as installed.

Any ideas?
#2ShadowSkill11Posted 6/7/2012 9:38:01 AM
That's because you did it wrong. You should have used the built in backup and restore option in Steam. I suppose you might try to install the games and let them try and download. Then copy your files and do a verification on the game files... But yeah. Next time backup nd restore.
#3DV8ingSourcesPosted 6/7/2012 9:40:09 AM
So you copied the steamapps\game folder over? If so just delete the clientregistry.blob and it will recheck your files. Do a file verification through steam and it should be good to go.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#4popnZitsnEatnem(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 1:21:37 PM
SO all the files were in my Steal folders. All I had to do was go to my game library within Steam and click on Install. Steam would then recognize all the files and just simply install them instead of downloading the game.