This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Humble Bundle money options

#1mafiafunPosted 6/7/2012 3:54:04 PM
Is there a way for me to purchase the new humble bundle using my amazon gift card credit?
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#2kingmogPosted 6/7/2012 3:54:41 PM
nope
#3SpacewhizguyPosted 6/7/2012 3:56:59 PM
kingmog posted...
nope

If you responded that quickly, then your answer is probably wrong.

That said, I don't know the answer myself. Contact Amazon or Humble Bundle support.
---
What's a sig?
#4paradoxworldPosted 6/7/2012 3:59:53 PM
Spacewhizguy posted...
kingmog posted...
nope

That said, I don't know the answer myself. Contact Amazon or Humble Bundle support.

TIL you can't know stuff like this offhand, or have tried it yourself in the past.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ah5rhk.gif
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#5SpacewhizguyPosted 6/7/2012 4:06:05 PM(edited)
I used common sense. My common sense tells me that kingmog has likely misinterpreted the question. kingmog is likely unaware that there's an Amazon Payments option for the Humble Bundle, and if you're unaware of such a payment method, you would very quickly answer "no" when people ask if you can use an Amazon gift card to buy something not on Amazon. Even if he does know what Amazon payments is, very few people actually use or are familiar with Amazon Payments compared to Paypal and stuff. And even if in the remote chance that he's familiar with Amazon Payments, very few of those people would be familiar with how Amazon gift cards work on that system.

Plus, I had done a very brief google search before I made my post which seemed to imply that kingmog's answer was incorrect.

So I'm entirely justified saying "your answer is probably wrong."
---
What's a sig?
#6DawnshadowPosted 6/7/2012 4:33:00 PM
The answer, sadly, is no.

http://www.scripsmart.com/giftcards/83-amazon-com-gift-card--plastic-

"Not redeemable with other merchants using Amazon Payments."
---
'Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the Character Battle.' --MetroidSuperfan on GlaDOS' loss.
The Topic Killer since 2001
#7youngfossilPosted 6/7/2012 4:38:19 PM(edited)
Spacewhizguy posted...
I used common sense. My common sense tells me that kingmog has likely misinterpreted the question. kingmog is likely unaware that there's an Amazon Payments option for the Humble Bundle, and if you're unaware of such a payment method, you would very quickly answer "no" when people ask if you can use an Amazon gift card to buy something not on Amazon. Even if he does know what Amazon payments is, very few people actually use or are familiar with Amazon Payments compared to Paypal and stuff. And even if in the remote chance that he's familiar with Amazon Payments, very few of those people would be familiar with how Amazon gift cards work on that system.

Plus, I had done a very brief google search before I made my post which seemed to imply that kingmog's answer was incorrect.

So I'm entirely justified saying "your answer is probably wrong."

Your common sense is wrong. Need to get that fixed.
---
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.
#8Artemis_FeiPosted 6/7/2012 4:52:55 PM
Spacewhizguy posted...
kingmog posted...
nope

So, by your logic...the contestants in Jeopardy are idiots?
---
CEnco De Mayo. [Proud Participant]
Epic. [1:23]
#9ChromaticAngelPosted 6/7/2012 4:53:09 PM
Spacewhizguy posted...
kingmog posted...
nope

so like, not only are you wrong, but the idea of contacting Amazon for something like this is hilarious.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#10ShubPosted 6/7/2012 4:54:40 PM
kingmog posted...
nope

Well, I tried it, and had I seen this topic right away, I could have posted right away that it doesn't work. Unfortunately.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.