This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well can this PC run The Witcher 2 and Skyrim?

#1TehPwnzererPosted 6/7/2012 9:17:07 PM
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2403677&CatId=2627

I'm no expert in PC terminology, but the specs look incredibly high for the price. I know a hand built PC might drop the price 2 or 3 hundred, but I really can't be bothered.
#2DiehardFFv2Posted 6/7/2012 9:21:37 PM
GPU is crap. HDD is slow and a nonk processor. It's certainly nothing mind blowing, but is salvageable with a new GPU and SSD, however, there's a good chance that the PSU is bare minimum.
---
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#3AsucaHayashiPosted 6/7/2012 9:29:41 PM
1100 for something that doesn't even contain a proper graphics card = hell no
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#4Skul_Posted 6/7/2012 9:32:47 PM(edited)
Its terrible. Good processor, but GPU will stop you from doing anything with it.

edit: Why is the HDD only 5400RPM?

Also, my PC cost $950 australian. (I didnt build it, its shop bought)
Its reletivly low range, but its far better then that thing. And its cheaper. Look around more.
---
Official Head of the Department of Education for the NDF.
i5-2500@3.3GHz|8GB|GeForceGTX550TI||W7-64bit|1TBHDD|P8Z68M-PRO
#5SmoboHashPosted 6/7/2012 9:31:15 PM
Not very good for 3D gaming. You'll need a bulkier video card.
#6TehPwnzerer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 9:33:22 PM
OK well that's the store I'm going to tomorrow and I'm picking up a pre-built computer. Anyone have any recommendations on that site for what I should get with a cash fund of 2 grand?
#7DiehardFFv2Posted 6/7/2012 9:35:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to build yourself? Two Grand is a huge budget that gets you a top of the line sli setup when spent correctly.
---
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#8TehPwnzerer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 9:39:28 PM
I don't have the time or patience to build one myself. I know full well that I can get something that even god will envy but don't care to. It requires a lot of searching and shopping and for a first time PC, there;s no way I'm dropping 2 grand with a chance I might screw it up.

Speaking of Envy, I've been eyeing up those babies like a hot 19 yearold brunette. I know laptops aren't as powerful, but I have 7 grand in disposable cash.
#9RawrimavikingPosted 6/7/2012 9:41:30 PM
TehPwnzerer posted...
I don't have the time or patience to build one myself. I know full well that I can get something that even god will envy but don't care to. It requires a lot of searching and shopping and for a first time PC, there;s no way I'm dropping 2 grand with a chance I might screw it up.

Speaking of Envy, I've been eyeing up those babies like a hot 19 yearold brunette. I know laptops aren't as powerful, but I have 7 grand in disposable cash.

You can ask for suggestions for a build on this board and then take that to a computer store and pay a bit extra for them to put it together for you. best of both worlds.
---
Say what you like about Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series but she will forever be remembered in literary history for the invention of Vampires.
#10TehPwnzerer(Topic Creator)Posted 6/7/2012 9:45:36 PM
Rawrimaviking posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...

You can ask for suggestions for a build on this board and then take that to a computer store and pay a bit extra for them to put it together for you. best of both worlds.

That means less money, but more time. I might as well build one myself instead of waiting a day for it to be ready. Plus, I doubt someone cares enough about my purchase to scower through all of the available products on that site and give me a list of what to get.