This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How well can this PC run The Witcher 2 and Skyrim?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well can this PC run The Witcher 2 and Skyrim?

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
4 years ago#1
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2403677&CatId=2627

I'm no expert in PC terminology, but the specs look incredibly high for the price. I know a hand built PC might drop the price 2 or 3 hundred, but I really can't be bothered.

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
4 years ago#2
GPU is crap. HDD is slow and a nonk processor. It's certainly nothing mind blowing, but is salvageable with a new GPU and SSD, however, there's a good chance that the PSU is bare minimum.
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
4 years ago#3
1100 for something that doesn't even contain a proper graphics card = hell no
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?

User Info: Skul_

Skul_
4 years ago#4
Its terrible. Good processor, but GPU will stop you from doing anything with it.

edit: Why is the HDD only 5400RPM?

Also, my PC cost $950 australian. (I didnt build it, its shop bought)
Its reletivly low range, but its far better then that thing. And its cheaper. Look around more.
Official Head of the Department of Education for the NDF.
i5-2500@3.3GHz|8GB|GeForceGTX550TI||W7-64bit|1TBHDD|P8Z68M-PRO

User Info: SmoboHash

SmoboHash
4 years ago#5
Not very good for 3D gaming. You'll need a bulkier video card.

TehPwnzerer
4 years ago#6
OK well that's the store I'm going to tomorrow and I'm picking up a pre-built computer. Anyone have any recommendations on that site for what I should get with a cash fund of 2 grand?

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
4 years ago#7
Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to build yourself? Two Grand is a huge budget that gets you a top of the line sli setup when spent correctly.
i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / MSI GTX 560 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB

TehPwnzerer
4 years ago#8
I don't have the time or patience to build one myself. I know full well that I can get something that even god will envy but don't care to. It requires a lot of searching and shopping and for a first time PC, there;s no way I'm dropping 2 grand with a chance I might screw it up.

Speaking of Envy, I've been eyeing up those babies like a hot 19 yearold brunette. I know laptops aren't as powerful, but I have 7 grand in disposable cash.

User Info: Rawrimaviking

Rawrimaviking
4 years ago#9
TehPwnzerer posted...
I don't have the time or patience to build one myself. I know full well that I can get something that even god will envy but don't care to. It requires a lot of searching and shopping and for a first time PC, there;s no way I'm dropping 2 grand with a chance I might screw it up.

Speaking of Envy, I've been eyeing up those babies like a hot 19 yearold brunette. I know laptops aren't as powerful, but I have 7 grand in disposable cash.

You can ask for suggestions for a build on this board and then take that to a computer store and pay a bit extra for them to put it together for you. best of both worlds.
Say what you like about Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight series but she will forever be remembered in literary history for the invention of Vampires.

TehPwnzerer
4 years ago#10
Rawrimaviking posted...
TehPwnzerer posted...

You can ask for suggestions for a build on this board and then take that to a computer store and pay a bit extra for them to put it together for you. best of both worlds.

That means less money, but more time. I might as well build one myself instead of waiting a day for it to be ready. Plus, I doubt someone cares enough about my purchase to scower through all of the available products on that site and give me a list of what to get.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How well can this PC run The Witcher 2 and Skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived