This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New video card and first time using HDMI for monitor question.

#1Commander_GreilPosted 6/8/2012 1:29:54 PM
So, I hooked in my new Sapphire 6950 and now I'm trying to connect my monitor using HDMI. Yet, when I hook it up, the picture is fairly blurry and not as crisp as when I use the normal monitor cables. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. yes my monitor is 1080p haha.
---
CP:Tales of Graces f, LoZ:The Minish Cap, D3(WD)
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
#2ShubPosted 6/8/2012 1:32:50 PM(edited)
This won't be very helpful but all I can say is good luck. I've had the same problem. No setting I messed with in the drivers helped. Something about you using the HDMI output of the card makes it do that. I ended up getting a DVI to HDMI cable, connected the DVI side to the card, the HDMI side to the monitor, and everything is perfect. Note I don't have a 6950 but I also have an AMD card.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#3Commander_Greil(Topic Creator)Posted 6/8/2012 1:33:47 PM
I got it fixed...it was cause my drivers weren't fully installed when I starting using HDMI. Works wonders now. I hope you get yours working.
---
CP:Tales of Graces f, LoZ:The Minish Cap, D3(WD)
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
#4ShubPosted 6/8/2012 1:36:26 PM
Eh, I gave up months ago. The video card was already in place when I got the HDMI monitor, and reinstalling drivers did nothing, so the issue was somewhere else. Maybe newer versions of the drivers resolved it, I don't know since the DVI-to-HDMI I've been using is fine.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.