This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New video card and first time using HDMI for monitor question.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New video card and first time using HDMI for monitor question.
3 years ago#1
So, I hooked in my new Sapphire 6950 and now I'm trying to connect my monitor using HDMI. Yet, when I hook it up, the picture is fairly blurry and not as crisp as when I use the normal monitor cables. Any help would be appreciated. P.S. yes my monitor is 1080p haha.
---
CP:Tales of Graces f, LoZ:The Minish Cap, D3(WD)
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
3 years ago#2
This won't be very helpful but all I can say is good luck. I've had the same problem. No setting I messed with in the drivers helped. Something about you using the HDMI output of the card makes it do that. I ended up getting a DVI to HDMI cable, connected the DVI side to the card, the HDMI side to the monitor, and everything is perfect. Note I don't have a 6950 but I also have an AMD card.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#3
I got it fixed...it was cause my drivers weren't fully installed when I starting using HDMI. Works wonders now. I hope you get yours working.
---
CP:Tales of Graces f, LoZ:The Minish Cap, D3(WD)
OFWGKTA Golf Wang Free Earl
3 years ago#4
Eh, I gave up months ago. The video card was already in place when I got the HDMI monitor, and reinstalling drivers did nothing, so the issue was somewhere else. Maybe newer versions of the drivers resolved it, I don't know since the DVI-to-HDMI I've been using is fine.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New video card and first time using HDMI for monitor question.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived