This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why do motherboard companies leave us with a beta bios?

#1JiazhenPosted 6/8/2012 3:51:56 PM
I noticed that asus's a8v deluxe and gigabyte 790gx has a beta bios as the newest bios. I doubt the companies will bother to release a finished version of the beta bios since its been several years since the last revision. its just disappointing to see companies not finish their work on one motherboard before moving on to newer ones.

So which is a better, upgrading to the newest beta bios or stick with the newest non-beta bios?
---
Intel Q9300 | 4870x2 | Corsair Dominator 4gb | GA-EP45-UD3P | x-fi Elite Pro | HX620 | Antec p182 | 22" Lcd
#2Digital StormPosted 6/8/2012 3:56:25 PM
What's the problem with something being labeled as "beta"? I mean, it seems like so many people throw that word around as if something is an absolute mess and attempting to use it will set your machine on fire and eat your leftover pizza.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3Grunt40Posted 6/8/2012 4:06:36 PM
What's the problem with something being labeled as "beta"? I mean, it seems like so many people throw that word around as if something is an absolute mess and attempting to use it will set your machine on fire and eat your leftover pizza.

where can I get those beta bios'?!
---
Avid Los Angeles Clippers Fan
3DS FC: 5412-9920-4820
#4Digital StormPosted 6/8/2012 4:12:40 PM
Grunt40 posted...

Compaq.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#5Grunt40Posted 6/8/2012 4:16:01 PM
Grunt40 posted...

Compaq.

I can't wait to see my computer be on fire and eat pizza at the same time.
---
Avid Los Angeles Clippers Fan
3DS FC: 5412-9920-4820