This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need your guys' expertise on audio speakers (bookshelves)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need your guys' expertise on audio speakers (bookshelves)

User Info: hotgirlsarehot

hotgirlsarehot
4 years ago#1
For frequency range, is it better to have a larger range between high and low end?

Is the weight of the speaker a VERY accurate way to determine if it's good or bad quality? (e.g. heavy = good)

For the tweeter for bass and treble, is it better to have a larger diameter for better sound quality? (e.g. 5.25" >> 1.5" tweeter dome)

If the encasing is wooden, is that good for sound to bounce off of, or is does it not really matter?

I can only afford bookshelf speakers and a receiver (cannot afford any other speakers or subwoofer). If a pair of bookshelfs are $100 more than one that is $198, BUT has better and deeper base....should I get the cheaper one, only due to the fact I eventually will get a sub?

If the thing that covers the tweeters are metal as opposed to rubber, will the sound be slightly more harsh?

Models I have listened to today at electronic store

KEF priced at $198 (sale from $298)
Soundstage speakers priced at $315 (sale from $349) - this one has larger bass tweeters)
JBL Nightlife speakers at $198 (sale from $298) - same size tweeters as KEFs

Audio wise, the base is deeper for Soundstage, and KEF and JBL sounded "the same", and movie scenes without music that has deep base, all 3 sound "the same" for me.

User Info: hotgirlsarehot

hotgirlsarehot
4 years ago#2
bump
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I need your guys' expertise on audio speakers (bookshelves)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived