This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sacrificing graphics for processing speed worth it?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sacrificing graphics for processing speed worth it?
4 years ago#11
you should have picked better examples since the dedicated card in the 2nd one is just crap overall.
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
4 years ago#12
Example one. Go Go Go.
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
4 years ago#13
What kind of emulators are you talking about? If it's old stuff, I doubt the processor would make any difference at those speeds. I haven't really messed with newer system emulation, though.
This signature will not change until the St. Louis Cardinals win the World Series. Started: 10/29/11
4 years ago#14
It'll be relevant for PS2/GC/maybe DS/PSP emulation, and possibly a few cases of PSX and N64 emulation.
Also, Saturn, DC, and MAME.
mmarkster posted...
Even though the game runs in 720p, it produces another 480p stream for the New Controller. That's like 1200p!
4 years ago#15
N64 for the most part. PSX too. Nothing like PS2 or Xbox lol.

Could an i3 with HD handle those two? If it can, I should have no problem finding something cheap.

And I dunno, I was just browsing in google 'i3 vs the other processor I listed' and some said the other combo was better but I seriously am doubting that now lol.
DKC <3: http://i.imgur.com/eCxWx.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Sacrificing graphics for processing speed worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived