This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starcraft 2 vs Diablo 3

#1_SolidGear_Posted 6/16/2012 4:20:36 PM
This question has probably been asked a million times, but here goes.

I've never been a PC gamer so I'm looking to get into some sort of PC game to play in my spare time. I've heard great things about both but I don't know much about either. I'm a multiplayer-oriented gamer, but I'm also into a good single player. I'm the kind of gamer that plays with a group of friends competitively over Xbox live. So I guess I'm looking for competitiveness on PC.

What kind of game would I be interested in? Thanks.
---
PSN & XBL: DeltaNinja117
#2MaestroSSXPosted 6/16/2012 4:22:32 PM
warcraft 3
---
XBox 360
A barebone PC with a gfx card that was outdated years ago
#3Jeffw88Posted 6/16/2012 4:22:59 PM
They're completely different kind of games, but if you like competitiveness, I'd go with SC2.
---
Just because you think it is right, it doesn't make it right for everyone. Even you.
You're being trolled only if you let them.
#4ShubPosted 6/16/2012 4:23:22 PM
There is zero competitiveness in Diablo 3 since there is no PVP. So between those two, I guess Starcraft 2 is your only option.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#5ChromaticAngelPosted 6/16/2012 4:46:01 PM
Diablo 3 will have PVP eventually and you can bet that it will be pretty competitive, but until then, SC2 is your best bet.
---
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
#6AjaxTheBeastPosted 6/16/2012 4:56:25 PM
There is no relation or comparison between these 2 games other than A. they are made by the same company and B. they both have a similar top down view

ALTHOUGH starcraft 2's top down view is a base building RTS in which you mine resources and build an army, etc. Starcraft 2 is also a game of precise timing and knowledge of the game (which you would learn over time) Since starcraft 2 is focused on countering the other players units, new strategies, etc. usually all comes back to timing in some way.

Diablo 3 on the other hand, well I have personally yet to play but it is a top down dungeon crawler RPG. point and click style control of 1 unit (i believe, unless you can control minions or something)

Starcraft 2 also has custom games in which if you're a more casual starcraft player all your time will go into here. If you have ever heard of games like DOTA, and tower defense style games.. Starcraft and warcraft 3 are notorious for these types of games. Hope this helped!
---
\/\/\/ Guy below me has no idea what he's talking about \/\/\/
#7PenguinLord2324Posted 6/16/2012 6:13:01 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...
Diablo 3 will have PVP eventually and you can bet that it will be pretty competitive, but until then, SC2 is your best bet.

Nope. Sorry, but Diablo 3 will never be competitive, it's too casual friendly. There's just no skill involved at all.
---
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
#8DV8ingSourcesPosted 6/16/2012 6:14:52 PM
ChromaticAngel posted...

Nope. Sorry, but Diablo 3 will never be competitive, it's too casual friendly. There's just no skill involved at all.

This and RMAH... ugh how I loathe the business practices being used these days.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#9ShadowSkill11Posted 6/16/2012 10:19:01 PM
TC, you do understand they are completely different games right? StarCraft 2 is an RTS and Diablo 3 is a loot driven action RPG with no versus mode.
#10RajhinPosted 6/17/2012 2:22:06 AM
MaestroSSX
warcraft 3

This. Better ladder, better campaign, better custom games, better Battle.net, better everything. If you want to get into RTS, Warcraft III is the way to go.
---
"i see a few maggots came to feed on this topic's corpse." - Fony