This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starcraft 2 vs Diablo 3

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Starcraft 2 vs Diablo 3
4 years ago#1
This question has probably been asked a million times, but here goes.

I've never been a PC gamer so I'm looking to get into some sort of PC game to play in my spare time. I've heard great things about both but I don't know much about either. I'm a multiplayer-oriented gamer, but I'm also into a good single player. I'm the kind of gamer that plays with a group of friends competitively over Xbox live. So I guess I'm looking for competitiveness on PC.

What kind of game would I be interested in? Thanks.
PSN & XBL: DeltaNinja117
4 years ago#2
warcraft 3
XBox 360
A barebone PC with a gfx card that was outdated years ago
4 years ago#3
They're completely different kind of games, but if you like competitiveness, I'd go with SC2.
Just because you think it is right, it doesn't make it right for everyone. Even you.
You're being trolled only if you let them.
4 years ago#4
There is zero competitiveness in Diablo 3 since there is no PVP. So between those two, I guess Starcraft 2 is your only option.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
4 years ago#5
Diablo 3 will have PVP eventually and you can bet that it will be pretty competitive, but until then, SC2 is your best bet.
"The easiest way to stop piracy is ... by giving those people a service that's better than what they're receiving from the pirates." ~ Gabe Newell.
4 years ago#6
There is no relation or comparison between these 2 games other than A. they are made by the same company and B. they both have a similar top down view

ALTHOUGH starcraft 2's top down view is a base building RTS in which you mine resources and build an army, etc. Starcraft 2 is also a game of precise timing and knowledge of the game (which you would learn over time) Since starcraft 2 is focused on countering the other players units, new strategies, etc. usually all comes back to timing in some way.

Diablo 3 on the other hand, well I have personally yet to play but it is a top down dungeon crawler RPG. point and click style control of 1 unit (i believe, unless you can control minions or something)

Starcraft 2 also has custom games in which if you're a more casual starcraft player all your time will go into here. If you have ever heard of games like DOTA, and tower defense style games.. Starcraft and warcraft 3 are notorious for these types of games. Hope this helped!
\/\/\/ Guy below me has no idea what he's talking about \/\/\/
4 years ago#7
ChromaticAngel posted...
Diablo 3 will have PVP eventually and you can bet that it will be pretty competitive, but until then, SC2 is your best bet.

Nope. Sorry, but Diablo 3 will never be competitive, it's too casual friendly. There's just no skill involved at all.
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
4 years ago#8
ChromaticAngel posted...

Nope. Sorry, but Diablo 3 will never be competitive, it's too casual friendly. There's just no skill involved at all.

This and RMAH... ugh how I loathe the business practices being used these days.
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
4 years ago#9
TC, you do understand they are completely different games right? StarCraft 2 is an RTS and Diablo 3 is a loot driven action RPG with no versus mode.
4 years ago#10
MaestroSSX
warcraft 3

This. Better ladder, better campaign, better custom games, better Battle.net, better everything. If you want to get into RTS, Warcraft III is the way to go.
"i see a few maggots came to feed on this topic's corpse." - Fony
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Starcraft 2 vs Diablo 3

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived