This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starcraft 2 vs Diablo 3

#21ShubPosted 6/17/2012 7:47:35 PM
After you buy the game, do you want to spend MORE CASH buying items to be able to play the game? No? Starcraft 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diablo 3.

Stupidest post in this whole topic. You don't have to buy items to be able to play Diablo 3.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
#22mafiafunPosted 6/17/2012 7:49:47 PM
After you buy the game, do you want to spend MORE CASH buying items to be able to play the game? No? Starcraft 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Diablo 3.

Stupidest post in this whole topic. You don't have to buy items to be able to play Diablo 3.

Stupidest post in this whole topic. Bet you haven't even played the game on Inferno.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#23LockeDaemonfirePosted 6/17/2012 8:05:32 PM
mafiafun posted...

Stupidest post in this whole topic. Bet you haven't even played the game on Inferno.

How about... gold auction house?
#24DV8ingSourcesPosted 6/17/2012 8:12:01 PM
You don't need to buy anything on the RMAH... But it does become a grind just to shop in a very controlled store like environment... no thanks, real life is already like that with work and general expenses. Don't need a game that makes it just as much of a grind.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#25BonnabinTheDirePosted 6/17/2012 8:16:07 PM
i don't see WoW or Diablo PvP as competitive tbh. most of the time it's gear over skill. that's more rage inducing than anything.
---
All I want is to be a happy man.
#26CuteBeansPosted 6/17/2012 8:20:27 PM
Shub posted...

Not really, have you seen how Diablo 3 is right now. It's messed up.
#27mafiafunPosted 6/17/2012 8:32:19 PM
mafiafun posted...

How about 5-15 million for one item. Gold farming spot has been nerfed.

Last I payed attention, 1 million = 10$.

So for one usable item you're paying between 50 and 150 dollars. Want to say gold auction house again? Enjoy spending at least a hundred hours to grind enough gold for one item.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#28DV8ingSourcesPosted 6/17/2012 8:35:16 PM
I played a wizard up to inferno... got to act 2 and then realized blizzards game. Still satisfied with my purchase but I'm done. Turning a loot game into a glorified shopping simulator just kills it for me. Never had that problem with Borderlands or Titan's quest.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#29LockeDaemonfirePosted 6/17/2012 8:38:23 PM(edited)
mafiafun posted...
mafiafun posted...

How about 5-15 million for one item. Gold farming spot has been nerfed.

Last I payed attention, 1 million = 10$.

So for one usable item you're paying between 50 and 150 dollars. Want to say gold auction house again? Enjoy spending at least a hundred hours to grind enough gold for one item.

Farming is playing the game. Enjoy. If you don't like it, you picked the wrong game. And genre. Plus, you can get decent equips for much less.

Edit: Oh yeah, they're also toning it down for Act2 up Inferno in the next patch. Which is somewhat unfortunate in theory, but good in practice.
#30helldewPosted 6/17/2012 8:43:50 PM
+1 for warcraft 3 man that game is timeless and still awesome.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.