This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Find the cheapest laptop that can run WoW

#11GietzyPosted 6/17/2012 12:37:18 PM
I know, I'm just saying what I get to give an idea of what certain hardware set ups achieve at certain resolutions. 3 monitors FTW!
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8P67 Deluxe | H100 | 16GB | 580 x 2 | 120 ssd | 2.5Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | hx 850 | Haf X
PSN/Live/Steam: Willavom
#12Fade2black001Posted 6/17/2012 2:18:24 PM
link510 posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
little_spedve posted...
WoW is very easy to run, you should have no problem running it on a crappy laptop.

Running a game and maxing out the games settings is 2 completely different things.

But generally the easier a game is to run, the easier it will be to max (generally). WoW is from like, what, 2004? Whatever year it was released, it's old as hell and I can't imagine it being significantly harder to max than to run.

They have upgraded the graphics a bit since the vanilla release but nothing too significant. So you're right.
---
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
#13PiratethingyPosted 6/17/2012 7:26:44 PM
There's quite a large difference between max WoW and low settings, especially in draw distance (which is important because of the beautifully seamless nature of Azeroth) and some of the newer particle effect stuffs.

Of course it's not terribly hard to run well seven years later, but it is a little trickier than you might think, and maxing it does make the game much more enjoyable IMO.

Not up to date with laptop stuffs so I'm no help there.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Witcher 2, D3, Tribes: A, Zelda: SS
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900
#14PiratethingyPosted 6/17/2012 7:28:44 PM
There's quite a large difference between max WoW and low settings, especially in draw distance (which is important because of the beautifully seamless nature of Azeroth) and some of the newer particle effect stuffs.

Of course it's not terribly hard to run well seven years later, but it is a little trickier than you might think, and maxing it does make the game much more enjoyable IMO.

Not up to date with laptop stuffs so I'm no help there.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Witcher 2, D3, Tribes: A, Zelda: SS
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900