This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My PC will randomly get horrible framerates on every game

#1FireblasterPosted 6/18/2012 11:07:38 PM
On these days i'm playing games just fine whole day until at some point at night it all turns to s*** and I get 10 fps in everything.

CPU is Q9650 default clock. Temperatures go between 31C and 43C. Games barely use up the cores given to them by the CPU.

GPU is GTX 465. Temperature is 55C at most and is default clock. It is at 99% usage when games are running.

What the hell is going on?
---
Console gamers often complain that PC gaming is too expensive.
Paying for online gaming, overpriced accessories, expensive map packs, and $60 games is cheaper.
#2DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/18/2012 11:15:33 PM
Faulty wiring?
Is it actually at night?
---
Gamers: We want better performance in Dark Souls! PC Port plx!
FromSoft: So you want framerate issues on PC?! OK!
#3Fireblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 11:17:21 PM
It's only been at night so far. There's just a moment when something goes wrong and every game gets horrible framerate and I have to reset my PC in order to fix it.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/modern/Fireblaster.png
===============================================================================
#4DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/18/2012 11:18:51 PM
Sounds like faulty wiring. I'd talk to your building manager about it, it could be a fire hazard.
---
#5Fireblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 11:25:31 PM
Sounds like faulty wiring. I'd talk to your building manager about it, it could be a fire hazard.

Well I'm living in my parent's house so that can't be right. How does faulty wiring fall into this if it works perfectly one moment and not the next?
---
Those who defend console gaming are like those that defend religion.
They make their stance look superior by ignorantly bashing the alternative choices.
#6DarkZV2BetaPosted 6/18/2012 11:57:03 PM
A certain time of day when the total power draw through the breaker is too high or too low, causing the power supply to not be able to draw enough power through the wall to properly power your computer, causing it to become unstable.
If it's after it's been on for a while, it could be a faulty power supply, motherboard, or software problem.
---