This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you like old school RPGs check out this kickstarter game (with demo)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you like old school RPGs check out this kickstarter game (with demo)
3 years ago#11
Not really a hand out, since in most cases you get the finish product for your money...

Yeah, it's like a preorder except you might have to wait a few years and the game might never even be finished... Sounds great!
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
3 years ago#12
Sorry guys gotta shut it down, that dude on a forum declared our site to be in poor taste.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Witcher 2, D3, Tribes: A, Zelda: SS
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900
3 years ago#13
Looks like crap
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
3 years ago#14
Does it get much more ignorant and misinformed? Seriously, this is the future for indie gaming. If you don't have thousands of dollars to invest into making a game, you can get help from the public to make your dream project a reality. How is any of that a bad thing?

In the real world you work first and then get paid. Some exclusions apply for certain services with well-known, established businesses but that's hardly the case with indie gaming. You want to get your foot into a new field and make a name for yourself but don't have the money to work exclusively on the project? Then do what everybody else does: work a second paying job or take on sponsors. Asking your consumer base for handouts is in poor taste.

So you believe in the world's big companies in a field should be able to shut down others without hope.

The problem I have with this is it seems to be literally money given away. In the real world, when you like the idea of a project and you put money in it, its called an investment (or even a loan), not a donation. The idea that a million people DONATE money to guys to make money while the one spending the money.. won't be making any... is completely absurd to me.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
3 years ago#15
R i c k posted...
Does it get much more ignorant and misinformed? Seriously, this is the future for indie gaming. If you don't have thousands of dollars to invest into making a game, you can get help from the public to make your dream project a reality. How is any of that a bad thing?

In the real world you work first and then get paid. Some exclusions apply for certain services with well-known, established businesses but that's hardly the case with indie gaming. You want to get your foot into a new field and make a name for yourself but don't have the money to work exclusively on the project? Then do what everybody else does: work a second paying job or take on sponsors. Asking your consumer base for handouts is in poor taste.

Kickstarter is part of the real world FYI (it exists)
---
I used to think "fanboy" was synonymous with "fan" when I made this account.
3 years ago#16
jake-sf posted...

So you believe in the world's big companies in a field should be able to shut down others without hope.

The problem I have with this is it seems to be literally money given away. In the real world, when you like the idea of a project and you put money in it, its called an investment (or even a loan), not a donation. The idea that a million people DONATE money to guys to make money while the one spending the money.. won't be making any... is completely absurd to me.

Eh, it's not really a donation on our part - we do get something in return (assuming the game gets completed).
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
3 years ago#17
Looks like the art was made by a 5-year old in MSPaint.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SxG-Polaris
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
3 years ago#18
I don't really support anything on kickstarter anymore.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. If you like old school RPGs check out this kickstarter game (with demo)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived