This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you like old school RPGs check out this kickstarter game (with demo)

#11R i c kPosted 6/28/2012 4:10:04 PM
Not really a hand out, since in most cases you get the finish product for your money...

Yeah, it's like a preorder except you might have to wait a few years and the game might never even be finished... Sounds great!
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#12PiratethingyPosted 6/28/2012 4:40:16 PM
Sorry guys gotta shut it down, that dude on a forum declared our site to be in poor taste.
---
Now Playing: Skyrim, Witcher 2, D3, Tribes: A, Zelda: SS
BioStar Z77 | i5-2500k | HD 7850 | Samsung 120GB SSD | Antec 900
#13SchoolRumblePosted 6/28/2012 4:59:19 PM
Looks like crap
---
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II
#14jake-sfPosted 6/28/2012 5:31:51 PM(edited)
Does it get much more ignorant and misinformed? Seriously, this is the future for indie gaming. If you don't have thousands of dollars to invest into making a game, you can get help from the public to make your dream project a reality. How is any of that a bad thing?

In the real world you work first and then get paid. Some exclusions apply for certain services with well-known, established businesses but that's hardly the case with indie gaming. You want to get your foot into a new field and make a name for yourself but don't have the money to work exclusively on the project? Then do what everybody else does: work a second paying job or take on sponsors. Asking your consumer base for handouts is in poor taste.

So you believe in the world's big companies in a field should be able to shut down others without hope.

The problem I have with this is it seems to be literally money given away. In the real world, when you like the idea of a project and you put money in it, its called an investment (or even a loan), not a donation. The idea that a million people DONATE money to guys to make money while the one spending the money.. won't be making any... is completely absurd to me.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#15tehzeldafanboyPosted 6/28/2012 5:32:13 PM
R i c k posted...
Does it get much more ignorant and misinformed? Seriously, this is the future for indie gaming. If you don't have thousands of dollars to invest into making a game, you can get help from the public to make your dream project a reality. How is any of that a bad thing?

In the real world you work first and then get paid. Some exclusions apply for certain services with well-known, established businesses but that's hardly the case with indie gaming. You want to get your foot into a new field and make a name for yourself but don't have the money to work exclusively on the project? Then do what everybody else does: work a second paying job or take on sponsors. Asking your consumer base for handouts is in poor taste.

Kickstarter is part of the real world FYI (it exists)
---
I used to think "fanboy" was synonymous with "fan" when I made this account.
#16_LegendaryPunk_Posted 6/28/2012 6:04:41 PM
jake-sf posted...

So you believe in the world's big companies in a field should be able to shut down others without hope.

The problem I have with this is it seems to be literally money given away. In the real world, when you like the idea of a project and you put money in it, its called an investment (or even a loan), not a donation. The idea that a million people DONATE money to guys to make money while the one spending the money.. won't be making any... is completely absurd to me.

Eh, it's not really a donation on our part - we do get something in return (assuming the game gets completed).
---
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
#17pruvmerongPosted 6/28/2012 6:49:52 PM
Looks like the art was made by a 5-year old in MSPaint.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SxG-Polaris
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
#18negative4Posted 6/28/2012 7:07:53 PM
I don't really support anything on kickstarter anymore.
---
Chicago Bears 8-8, 3rd NFC North (2011-2012 Season)
WE LIKE IKE! Aethering to victory.