This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Amazon is really competing against Steam

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Amazon is really competing against Steam
3 years ago#1
I remember it used to be Newegg but even without the discounts. The tax free and free shipping gets me. I haven't bought anything from Newegg since my Canon EOS 5D Mark II on Black Friday last year (They beat BH and Amazon by 200 USD even with tax included).
Originally Posted by Manicdan
using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.
3 years ago#2
Amazon is only showing up like 5 PC games for sale and they're nothing really exciting.
A sea, where a fallen musician can only lament his failure.
3 years ago#3
hitokiri13 posted...
free shipping gets me

Hey, hasn't Steam had that for... ever? =P
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience. appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
3 years ago#4
Summer and x-mas 2011 amazon had some great sales, and their daily / weekly ones can be pretty serious too. And they're doing it all without their own game manager client as well (*coughOrigin*cough).

+1 for amazon
"But though you may find this slightly macabre,
We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job."
3 years ago#5
I think he meant to say Amazon is really competing against Newegg, since that's what he talks about in his post

I love amazon, been using it all the time, especially with their free amazon prime trial for university students. It's a life saver, bought meager things like pencils from amazon so i didnt have to get my butt to walmart
Even a smile is charity
3 years ago#6
Of course they're competing with other retailers...

Does that amaze you or something ?
FX-8150 @ 4.3 GHz | 7850 | 8GB DDR3 | HAF X | Rosewill LIGHTNING 800W | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
3 years ago#7
Digging up my old .edu email account and getting a free year of Amazon Prime was the best thing that's ever happened to me.
GIGABYTE P55M-UD2 | Intel i5 750 | G.SKILL 4GB DDR3 1600 | Sapphire HD 6850 | WD Caviar Black | OCZ FATAL1TY 550W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Amazon is really competing against Steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived