This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5.1 Surround??

#1mcrsnumber1Posted 7/1/2012 8:55:39 PM
Hi, I am fairly new to PC. However I have recently upgraded a lot, and this includes a 5.1 surround system. I thought it was phenomenal, however I wanted to test out how it would sound on PS3 as well. Apparently I've been fooled. When I changed the settings to Optical and played BBC2, it was beyond amazing. Settings were set to home cinema. When I tried it on PC and settings also on Home Cinema. IT DID NOT sound nearly as good as it did on the ps3. I want to know why this is this way. I've been messing around with the Realtek Tool, but doesn't seem to match the audio quality and surround feeling I got from playing on the ps3. I m at a loss actually because of the huge gap in difference between the two systems.

The PC has an optical too. But why does it sound so DIFFERENT on ps3 under the same Home Cinema settings? What can I do to improve the PC sound to match that quality I got from the ps3?
#2AllHailTheDead6Posted 7/1/2012 9:06:15 PM
plug it into your graphics card to allow it to really sound good
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#3mcrsnumber1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 9:11:15 PM
I can't IDK how. It's plugged into the Aesus motherboard. And I got a GTX580, and in the back it doesn't have an out for Optical? Idk what to do at this point. It boggles my mind that the ps3 can sound better.

Any help would be really appreciated.
#4AllHailTheDead6Posted 7/1/2012 9:12:47 PM
your using a receiver for your 5.1 right?

use an hdmi to mini hdmi and plug it into your graphics card
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#5mcrsnumber1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 9:15:40 PM
I didn't get a PC Surround, rather I got a DVD/Samsung that packs 1000w. Fixed it so DVD player goes out and into PC. That same set up was used on the PS3. And it sounded a hell lot better. I mean I heard every particle, everything! Over the PC counterpart with sounded all muffled and nasty (me thinking that was GOOD!)
D:
#6AllHailTheDead6Posted 7/1/2012 9:37:41 PM
mcrsnumber1 posted...
I didn't get a PC Surround, rather I got a DVD/Samsung that packs 1000w. Fixed it so DVD player goes out and into PC. That same set up was used on the PS3. And it sounded a hell lot better. I mean I heard every particle, everything! Over the PC counterpart with sounded all muffled and nasty (me thinking that was GOOD!)
D:

that really made no sense except what you keep repeating, that your ps3 sounds better.

either get a receiver(which im guessing/hoping thats prob what your dvd player is used for.

on the back of that see if there is an hdmi plug

your going to need to connect to your graphics card in order to get the full benefit of it
---
PSN AllHailTheDead0
#7mcrsnumber1(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2012 9:41:05 PM
Lol I am noob. I guess it didn't make sense. It does have an HDMI in the back. So I'd have to do optical and HDMI? But the GTX580 HDMI goes to TV... So the DVD HDMI goes into where?
#8SnipeStarPosted 7/1/2012 9:45:15 PM
this topic hurts my head...
---
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#9ipwnu713Posted 7/1/2012 9:49:59 PM
mcrsnumber1 posted...
Lol I am noob. I guess it didn't make sense. It does have an HDMI in the back. So I'd have to do optical and HDMI? But the GTX580 HDMI goes to TV... So the DVD HDMI goes into where?

Does your Samsung whatever thing have an HDMI that goes to the TV? If it does, the 580 plugs into the Samsung.
---
Dell Inspiron 620: 3.3GHz i3 2120 - Sapphire HD7750 - 4GB RAM - 1TB HDD - Dual 1440x900 Monitors
Playing: Bastion, Portal 2, Deus Ex, Burnout Paradise
#10datopgamerPosted 7/2/2012 4:21:15 AM
More than likely your receiver will have an hdmi port out to go the the tv and an input for another device. Connect this to your gfx card. Not sure why your sound would be worse though usin optical. Might just be a setting.
---
Phenom II x4 970, 8 gigs DDR3 memory, Asus M4A87TD motherboard, XFX Radeon HD 6870 Black Edition, Corsair 750TX PSU, ASUS 24" monitor, 2x Acer Monitors