This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ever forget to cancel your free trials..

#21KillerTrufflePosted 7/3/2012 1:26:54 PM
Yeah, it sucks... I do use the Kindle app on my phone a fair bit, but only with free books. Last thing I read with it was the John Carter of Mars series. I liked the movie well enough, but the books are so much better. I've also read the Sherlock Holmes series, I guess if they extended it to the Kindle software tho, book sales could virtually stop, since you can use Kindle on nearly anything - even PC.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#22gastamanPosted 7/3/2012 1:31:10 PM
Yeah, it sucks... I do use the Kindle app on my phone a fair bit, but only with free books. Last thing I read with it was the John Carter of Mars series. I liked the movie well enough, but the books are so much better. I've also read the Sherlock Holmes series, I guess if they extended it to the Kindle software tho, book sales could virtually stop, since you can use Kindle on nearly anything - even PC.

Kind of makes the Kindle a nice alternative for ebook purposes, though, and they are fairly cheap.
---
//Intel// Core i7 2600k @ 4.0 //Gigabyte// Z68X-UD7-B3 //MSI// 3x GTX 580 Lightning SLi
//Corsair// 650D / H100 / 120 GB Force 3 / 12 GB Dominator / AX1200
#23link510Posted 7/3/2012 4:24:05 PM(edited)
Prime had an option to turn off auto subscription renewal. That was the first thing I did when I got it. I'd honestly have kept it if I had enough money to actually buy things...

Edit: And if you have a kindle it lets you get stuff for that too. My girlfriend uses it on her kindle fire, but I don't know too much about it.