This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

old games on new pc

#1bjergmosePosted 7/3/2012 11:07:40 AM
how do i play old games on my pc..i got windows 7 home premuim 64bit
and i want to install the old lotr battle for middel-earth on it..but i cant seem to play it..i always get an error..i have tried running it on admin..no luck
do i really Have to have win7 pro or ultimate for me to be able to play those kind of old games?
btw..i had NO prob with playing it when i had my vista ultimate on this same pc :)
but after i swicthed to win7 home P I had trouble..fresh install of windows
---
Its Nice to be Important But its more important to be Nice
#2XjphPosted 7/3/2012 11:12:04 AM
BFME isn't even that old by PC game standards. There are lots of people playing games way older. BFME is just using some kind of gitchy coding that was likely very specific to earlier versions of windows. Thirty seconds of googling gave me this, use at your own risk: http://www.middleearthcenter.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=422
---
"I think the gene pool needs some chlorine..."
#3bjergmose(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 11:14:45 AM
ty but that file could'nt even open..and it wanted to be open in media player
---
#4XjphPosted 7/3/2012 11:14:49 AM
Oh good lord, I just looked at that "patch", it's basically just instructions to manually create game folders and settings in the user directory structure. Super easy, and the fact that it has to be done (assuming it works) just makes me that much more disdainful of the developers of the game.
At any rate, it's perfectly safe. It's two text files and an empty directory, with instruction on where they should be placed.
---
#5XjphPosted 7/3/2012 11:15:51 AM
Er... it's a rar file. You must be new to the Internet. Use WinRAR or 7-zip to open it.
---
#6bjergmose(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 11:36:15 AM
dont have those programs..and it doesn't sound as easy..then just to install it ;)
why wont they just work on win7..when it could work on vista.
---
#7StuDog88Posted 7/3/2012 11:40:40 AM
bjergmose posted...
dont have those programs..and it doesn't sound as easy..then just to install it ;)

Programs are free to download bro. It will take maybe 3 minutes and a google search.
---
It's not a meteor, it's a cookie wand!
#8XjphPosted 7/3/2012 11:46:39 AM
So you asked for help, but never had any intention of actually following any directions given because it would be more complicated than "install the program"? Good to know, I'll stop bothering.
---
#9GoIrish80Posted 7/3/2012 11:51:06 AM
bjergmose posted...

You clearly aren't interested in learning anything, why should anyone be willing to help you?

Go play an Xbox. Your kind is frowned upon here.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.3ghz | 8GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#10bjergmose(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 11:52:56 AM
sorry..but was hopeing for it to be alt easiere then to do alot of dif stuff :)
was hopeing it would just be like. right click..run as admin..and boom..play the game...or type in -lunchgame code thing..or whatever :)
not to dl some programs..to read some files..to put in folders..to redirect..to re-install..to run as super something ;)
just odd and cheap. that if i had win7 pro or ultimate..i wouldn't have thise prob...
thought i have heard something about that?..win7 iltumate are backward support ?
---