This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is the Corsair K90?

#11_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 7/4/2012 3:27:42 PM(edited)
Halpa posted...
Looking at the photos on Corsair's site, there seems to be two different enter keys?

There are always different layouts due to localization. the US version, If I am not mistaken, has the regular enter key and the long left shift key (regular US layout). The international version has the layout with the big enter key and small left shift.

US
http://www.techspot.com/fileshost/newspics3/2010/k90_full.jpg

EU ( and possibly others?)
http://images.icecat.biz/img/norm/high/11148119-2379.jpg

UK has yet another layout with some of the different symbols changed around on the keyboard and so forth.

---
I5 760 | MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II | 8GB 1600MHz | WD 1TB 7200Rpm | Corsair VX 550w | CM Gladiator | Samsung S24A350H | Board Corsair K90 | Mouse Corsair M90
#12romsnbombsPosted 7/4/2012 4:42:34 PM
If those pictures you posted are correct, the EU one has a proper big enter key. The US one has an annoying enter key that is too small.

Maybe it's like this on every keyboard? Anyway, I'm glad I live in Europe.
---
i5 2500k | Asus P8P67 M Pro | 4GB G.Skill | EVGA GTX 560 | 700W silent pro | CM Elite 340
#13Javij01Posted 7/4/2012 5:07:25 PM
I have the corsair k60 and love it, the cherry reds are little hard to get use to how light they are but over all i like it
---
i5-2500k @ 4.5 ghz || Hyper Evo212+ || Sapphire 6970 || 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws || MSI P67A-43 || Corsair 500r
#14XTC_XtraCrispyPosted 7/4/2012 5:10:15 PM
AlleRacing posted...
It's pretty good. Had mine for a couple months now and I like it quite a bit. The aluminium chassis is very solid, the wrist rest is very comfy, the backlighting goes from dim to moderate to burn your eyes out of the back of your skull, the media keys are nice, the macros are recessed (which I like), and there's a nice USB port with fullspeed passthrough. The only thing not to like is that the macro keys, escape, function keys and insert through page down are all rubber dome.

All of this I agree with, not to mention the media keys. I don't think I'll ever get used to not having the volume scroll wheel, so I'm probably going to be keeping this for a while. Which isn't a bad thing, because it's a great keyboard.

The Cherry Red keys have also trained me to be more precise with keystrokes, as unintended brushing of other keys will activate them.

The software took a bit of troubleshooting for me at first, but I got it working over time. ProTip: Do not check the "Hardware Playback" box, as that disables the macros.

I'd highly recommend it.
#15tehdewmPosted 7/4/2012 5:35:31 PM
Despite the rubber domes keys being less well lit and not feeling as good, I love mine.
#16ShubPosted 7/5/2012 5:26:51 AM
If those pictures you posted are correct, the EU one has a proper big enter key. The US one has an annoying enter key that is too small.

Maybe it's like this on every keyboard? Anyway, I'm glad I live in Europe.

Trust a European living in the US: you get used to it really quickly. It's no big deal. Indeed the ANSI layout with the small Enter key is standard in the US, while the ISO layout with the enlarged Enter key is standard in Europe and other places.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.