This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do guys make female avatars in games?

#41Louisville15Posted 7/5/2012 4:33:45 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Louisville15 posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Louisville15 posted...
dirtycommunist posted...
I'm already a guy, I don't really need to be one again in a game. Also, I'd rather make a babe than a botched attempt at recreating myself.

Honestly, if you're any more attracted to a CG female character than a male one, there is a problem.

It's like saying, "Well, I'd rather stare at the female monkeys at the zoo than the male ones!"

Or maybe you're sexually dysfunctional for not finding extremely life-like characters attractive.

nvidia bros bout to go at it D:

What life-like characters are you referring to? Not just in game ones like WoW toons, but actual characters.

Resident Evil 5's Sheva is very attractive. If you think she's akin to a monkey, then I think the rest of us are concerned for your normality, not our own.

Who cares if a character intended to be attractive is attractive? What the ****? Is this some sort of pride contest? Who can actively reject common instincts more?

Just because I find the model aesthetically pleasing doesn't mean I'm going to pleasure myself to it.

I think that's different than those who create female characters, TBH. Maybe my original post here was off base, but there is something odd IMO with someone who spends hours customizing a female character AND THEN justifies this act by stating "hurr durr wud u rather look at a dude???". That's just dumb.
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | 2x MSI GTX 560Ti 2GB Twin Frozr II | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 7 64bit | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | AW2310 | Antec 1200
#42Orestes417Posted 7/5/2012 4:35:27 PM
Yeah, there's something wrong alright. the fact they feel the need to justify anything in any form short of staring at the cretin making the comment till they go away from embarrassment
---
What would Takeshi Kovacs do?
#43ShebeskiiPosted 7/5/2012 4:36:42 PM
Louisville15 posted...
Hot damn that was modded fast.

Absolutely. He says an extremely sexist comment that is complete and utter social suicide in real life.

Doesn't get modded.

I call him an appropriate term and I'm modded immediately.

I feel like a feminist saying this, but it just goes to show feminism isn't at the mission accomplished stage despite the plethora of other ethical and ideological victories.
---
Believe those who are seeking the truth, doubt those who find it.
2500K (4.2GHz), Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3, 8GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Xonar DG, Fractal R3, Win7 64
#44R i c kPosted 7/5/2012 4:38:01 PM(edited)
So much insecurity in this thread, lol. Gender identity issues over MMOs? Come on, guys. Being a girl in a game doesn't make you any less of a guy or make it any harder to get a girlfriend. I'd assume it was trolling but I actually knew someone IRL that would get crazy worked up over char gender in MMOs. Not being secure enough in your gender identity to play as the opposite gender isn't healthy, bros.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#45my_name_is_EdPosted 7/5/2012 4:38:23 PM
Shebeskii posted...
Louisville15 posted...

Absolutely. He says an extremely sexist comment that is complete and utter social suicide in real life.

Doesn't get modded.

I feel like a feminist saying this, but it just goes to show feminism isn't at the mission accomplished stage despite the plethora of other ethical and ideological victories.

We're human. Surely you don't still believe we're going to get anything right, do you?

And by the way, I'm curious as to what you said.
---
Death Metal and Screamo were created by nerds, spazzes, and other outcasted undesirables in a horrible attempt to be taken seriously.
#46SonyHoundDawgPosted 7/5/2012 4:39:53 PM
I pretty much play female characters exclusivly in a game that has a choice. Its just more interesting.

When I play a game I dont picture the character as myself in the game or any rubbish like that. I'm simply playing a game. Nowadays its even getting closer to like watching movie with all the VA and whatnot.

Theres very few games nowadays with a guy character I like. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head is Deus Ex, Legacy of Kain, Halo, and Gears of war, even though thats about as clsoe to generic big guys kicking ass there is, but its great fun and I like the VA'a.

Finally, games are kinda like art, wether is a painting or a GGI or some polygons, the female form is more pleasing to look at over a long period of time then some beefy guy.

Sometimes it simply comes down to the TNA factor. I like the idea of some hot chick in some chain mail kicking some ass.
#47ShebeskiiPosted 7/5/2012 4:43:13 PM
I think that's different than those who create female characters, TBH. Maybe my original post here was off base, but there is something odd IMO with someone who spends hours customizing a female character AND THEN justifies this act by stating "hurr durr wud u rather look at a dude???". That's just dumb.

I spent an hour creating my ME3 Shepards face. I thought it was fun to see how beautiful I get her with the tools available. It was really difficult.

The response you reiterated is just dumb, yeah. But saying a man spending time creating beautiful feminine features is odd is pretty well... odd.

Why is it odd? Why do men assume the worst of other men? Are we all so ashamed of ourselves and each other that we can't openly enjoy and appreciate the feminine form in whatever medium?

Is women sitting around drawing male characters creepy? No. Maybe some of those women are creepy. Not all of them are. Why are all men creepy? I understand the concern but it's frankly insulting to male artists the world over.
---
2500K (4.2GHz), Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3, 8GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Xonar DG, Fractal R3, Win7 64
#48AwesomdorPosted 7/5/2012 4:43:13 PM
I personally find it much more enjoyable to play as a character of my own gender. The reason for this is identification. When I play as a character I enjoy for them to be similar to me so that I can immerse myself into his actions and the story. I don't really relate to females very well and I can't imagine myself being one. That is why I almost always play as a guy. Also I'm not a *****ing pervert who can't look at something for over 5 minutes without sexuallizing it so I don't need to worry about that "staring at dudes is so gay" bull****.
---
I'm a guy.
i3-2120 3.3GHz_6850 Sapphire_8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
#49Louisville15Posted 7/5/2012 4:45:18 PM
Shebeskii posted...

I spent an hour creating my ME3 Shepards face. I thought it was fun to see how beautiful I get her with the tools available. It was really difficult.

The response you reiterated is just dumb, yeah. But saying a man spending time creating beautiful feminine features is odd is pretty well... odd.

Why is it odd? Why do men assume the worst of other men? Are we all so ashamed of ourselves and each other that we can't openly enjoy and appreciate the feminine form in whatever medium?

Is women sitting around drawing male characters creepy? No. Maybe some of those women are creepy. Not all of them are. Why are all men creepy? I understand the concern but it's frankly insulting to male artists the world over.

I'll respond to this later. Too much to post from my phone.
---
i7 930 @ 3.6 | 2x MSI GTX 560Ti 2GB Twin Frozr II | EVGA E758 | 6GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Windows 7 64bit | OCZ ZX1250 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | AW2310 | Antec 1200
#50ShebeskiiPosted 7/5/2012 4:46:01 PM
my_name_is_Ed posted...
Shebeskii posted...
Louisville15 posted...

Doesn't get modded.

We're human. Surely you don't still believe we're going to get anything right, do you?

And by the way, I'm curious as to what you said.

I called him a socially regressive *****. ***** being someone who is unintelligent. The first letter of the word is the third letter in the word him.
---