This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

console games you re-bought to play on pc master race

#11Lord HammPosted 7/6/2012 6:27:57 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12capgamerPosted 7/6/2012 6:29:05 PM
Well I'm going to rebuy Dark Souls on PC but I sold my console version so.....

I don't do this very often. If I don't own a game and there's a PC version I'll get it on PC. If I do own a game on something else I probably won't. I wouldn't have bought it for console in the first place if I had an option on PC.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#13DV8ingSourcesPosted 7/6/2012 6:32:58 PM(edited)
It's not just the cost. Pirating games can be a great annoyance. Spending hours obtaining and installing a game, applying patches and hacks in a very specific order only to find out the copy you got is bad so you have to delete it all and start over again downloading a different copy. Then when you do get it installed it's single player only unless you play on hacked servers. Stuff like that isn't worth my time anymore. Easier just to purchase, click and play with all features included.

Obviously you havent been pirating recently....

If anything the pirated versions are smoother to install and less time intensive than legitimate copies because DRM has gotten so bad....

I really hope you enjoy the free to play model as it's going to be more common thanks to piracy. Its you people (and greed; related?) that are the problem these days. Buy your entertainment.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#14SpazH3dPosted 7/6/2012 6:31:33 PM
A bunch of games!

Borderlands
Braid
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Duke Nukem 3D
Hitman: Blood Money
Limbo
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time Trilogy
Psychonauts

All from steam and gog.com.
---
- My vision is augmented
#15Lord HammPosted 7/6/2012 6:40:39 PM
I really hope you enjoy the free to play model as it's going to be more common thanks to piracy. Its you people (and greed; related?) that are the problem these days. Buy your entertainment.

My greed is not a problem, as I pay for good games as long as the price is reasonable.....

Its the corporate greed that sees every pirated game as a lost sale when the reason someone pirates is because they arent going to or cant buy the game anyways

What companies need to do is allow their games to be freely traded and enjoyed on a wide level then support your game and only allow those who have purchased it to enjoy support in the form of patches and "REAL" DLC and expansions, this is how it was during the golden age of PC gaming before shareware, CDKEYS and DRM bull****
---
You know why they call it an Xbox 360
When you look at it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
#16Lord HammPosted 7/6/2012 6:43:49 PM(edited)
The free to play model is actually working out real well I thought, as long as companies dont get too greedy and make it too hard to advance in said game without spending money....

TF2, tribes, Blacklight, World of tanks and other games are really the way of the future and a breath of fresh air in a greed saturated industry
---
You know why they call it an Xbox 360
When you look at it, you turn 360 degrees and walk away.
#17DV8ingSourcesPosted 7/6/2012 6:45:41 PM
The free to play model is actually working out real well I thought, as long as companies dont get too greedy and make it too hard to advance in said game with spending money....

TF2, tribes, Blacklight, World of tanks and other games are really the way of the future and a breath of fresh air in a greed saturated industry

Not sure I'd have world of tanks in there. You can actually buy gold ammo that makes you better than someone that doesn't have it. Not exactly a great thing. The other 3 are the exceptions not the rule and if that was the future of multiplayer pricing models, I wouldn't be too upset :) Unfortunately, I like my singleplayer experiences more so and they don't fit a FTP model very well at all.
---
2500k @ 4.5 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 580 3GB | 60+120 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#18r7gerrabbitPosted 7/6/2012 6:45:59 PM
Mirror's Edge.
The game was just plain better with M/KB.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Mqy7G.gif
#19KidInTheHallPosted 7/6/2012 6:53:40 PM
Bastion
Batman AA
Batman AC
Borderlands
C & C 3 / KW
LotR BfME
Dirt 2
Fear
Fear 2
GTA VC , SA and IV
L4D 2
Prototype
Psychonauts
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2
KoToR

and soon Skyrim.
---
RIP - Babygirl 11/2002- 4/24/2012
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750
#20DiehardFFv2Posted 7/6/2012 7:01:15 PM(edited)
Bastion
Batman AA
Batman AC
Borderlands
C & C 3 / KW
LotR BfME
Dirt 2
Fear
Fear 2
GTA VC , SA and IV
L4D 2
Prototype
Psychonauts
Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2
KoToR

and soon Skyrim.

You don't have Skyrim??? Eww. How do you remove friends on this silly site again?

And you live in NC??? Extra gross.
---
Intel i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / EVGA GTX 570 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB