This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OEM processor??

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. OEM processor??
3 years ago#1
Shall i get this?

10 cheaper and im buying a Noctua 14 anyways?
---
We may pledge fan boy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king, and his name is Gaming! FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!
3 years ago#2
If you are getting the aftermarket heatsink and cooler there is no real reason not to get the OEM
---
AsRock Z77 pro, i7 2600 , ASUS GTX 670,16gb DDR3 ram, 128gb SSD, 1tb HDD,500gb HDD Rosewill Xtreme 750W, Asus12 x BDW,OEM dvdrw, Rosewill Thor V2
3 years ago#3
OEM means it's just the CPU, no heatsink or fan. Since you're getting a heatsink, OEM is fine to get. I personally like having the stock fan handy just in case, even though I end up never using it.
---
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
3 years ago#4
Carefull getting an OEM CPU of Ebay though, sometimes OEM means ripped out of a living system on Ebay.
---
Corsair TX950W|ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe|Intel Core i5 2500K|CM Hyper 212+|ASUS GTX 670 DC2|Crucial M4 128GB |Samsung Spinpoint F3|CM 690 II Advanced|2x Dell U2312HM
3 years ago#5
Check the warranty on the OEM CPU's. On the website I buy parts from, the OEM CPU's have 1 year warranty, while the retail CPU's have 3 year warranty.
---
i5 2500 | 8Gb DDR3 | GTX 670 | Asus P8 P67 | XFX 650W | Intel 330 SSD | Samsung Blu-Ray | Creative X-Fi Gamer | Dell U2711 | Windows 7
3 years ago#6
Nope from a normal store :)
---
We may pledge fan boy allegiances to different flags, deep down inside we all serve one master, one king, and his name is Gaming! FOREVER MAY HE REIGN!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. OEM processor??

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived