This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 Controller best for PC?

#21Dave_is_my_namePosted 7/8/2012 11:31:41 AM(edited)
Unhead_ posted...
Blue PS3 controller + MotionInJoy = Best PC Controller for everything not shooter related.

Let's face it, unless there is something seriously wrong with you, you won't be using a controller for any FPS's on PC. And out of both PS/360 controllers, PS3 is more comfortable to use, ESPECIALLY for racing games.

I hate, hate, HATE the PS3 controller with a passion.

I will also use my Xbox360 controller for BL and BL2, Alice Returns or any other non competitive FPS.

The analogue sticks on the Dual Shock are horrid.

Also it is so light, I doubt I could through it at a fly and not even give it a concussion.

TLDR: I could crap out a better controller than the DS.
---
GT: Zyzzyva X
PSN: Infosquito
#22jake-sfPosted 7/8/2012 11:29:25 AM(edited)
Nothing better than a 360 controller to me.

However, I'd like to have one of those Logitech controller too (don't get a PS3 controller, that **** just refuses to work in some computers, no clue why, besides, the installation process is surprisingly complicated for that thing, enough to tell me the support for it is trash).

Thing is both controller are good for different kinds of games. Those PS3-style controller are god awful for gameplay that revolves around the sticks but are great for more 2D games and such, gameplay that benefits from a d-pad.

Likewise, trying to play with the D-Pad on the 360 really stink. However, I can use the stick in 2D games just fine, so I really think the 360 controller is the single best option.

Besides that, the 360 controller is the intended controller for console ports and works out of the box, its reliable, it has worked for years with no change in performance... its good. As long as you get a wired one.

I mean, I got mine when I got a 360 around the release of the console, and its still in perfect working condition.
---
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#23MyDogSkipPosted 7/8/2012 11:52:10 AM
The D-Pad on the 360 controller is utter crap and the face buttons are round and feel weird to press. I go with a PS3 controller.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz | ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | ASUS 560Ti @ 900MHz | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
Antec EA-650W | 120 GB Intel 520 | 1 TB HDD | Corsair 400R | Hyper 212+ | 1080p
#24LinkinLawgPosted 7/8/2012 12:16:57 PM
I use motioninjoy and plug my ps3 controller into my pc. I prefer the PS3 controller much more than the 360's. With motioninjoy, you can tell it to emulate a 360 controller or some games won't support it (i.e. Driver San Francisco).
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#25fatboy44Posted 7/8/2012 12:20:19 PM
I have the wired controller and it's great. Yes the D-Pad isn't that great, but as a previous poster said, it isn't that big of a deal because most games don't utilize it for movement. Even most side-scrollers primarily use the use the sticks.
#26Nazgl5LordofNazPosted 7/8/2012 12:25:52 PM
I'm amazed the Razer Onza hasn't been mentioned yet. It's an Xbox controller, but with more sensitive buttons and a MUCH better D-pad. Only $50-ish, IIRC. I have one, and it works beautifully for almost everything I've tried.

For some reason, Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer doesn't support it, but the single-player does.
---
*waits until someone says something funny to quote*
#27ZeroRaiderPosted 7/8/2012 12:50:52 PM
Who the hell cares about the D-Pad? If you're trying to play 2D games with a 3D controller you're doing it wrong. The 360's D-Pad is fine for moving through menus and other less important functionality 3D games use.

Xbox 360 is the best 3D PC controller, and the Sega Saturn USB controller is the best for 2D PC gaming.

Get one of each and you're all set.
#28MyDogSkipPosted 7/8/2012 12:53:26 PM
Who the hell cares about the D-Pad? If you're trying to play 2D games with a 3D controller you're doing it wrong. The 360's D-Pad is fine for moving through menus and other less important functionality 3D games use.

Xbox 360 is the best 3D PC controller, and the Sega Saturn USB controller is the best for 2D PC gaming.

Get one of each and you're all set.

It's nice to have one good wireless controller to play any type of game on my PC from a couch.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6GHz | ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | ASUS 560Ti @ 900MHz | 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz
Antec EA-650W | 120 GB Intel 520 | 1 TB HDD | Corsair 400R | Hyper 212+ | 1080p
#29__Crazy__Posted 7/8/2012 2:01:32 PM
I'm amazed the Razer Onza hasn't been mentioned yet. It's an Xbox controller, but with more sensitive buttons and a MUCH better D-pad. Only $50-ish, IIRC. I have one, and it works beautifully for almost everything I've tried.

For some reason, Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer doesn't support it, but the single-player does.

The D-Pad is still awful on it. There is also the very common issue of the sticks malfunctioning as well as the less frequent but still common problems with the triggers and face buttons malfunctioning. After going through two of them in a year of light use I can't recommend them to anyone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/t5wZl.gif
#30Unhead_Posted 7/8/2012 2:04:04 PM
__Crazy__ posted...

The D-Pad is still awful on it. There is also the very common issue of the sticks malfunctioning as well as the less frequent but still common problems with the triggers and face buttons malfunctioning. After going through two of them in a year of light use I can't recommend them to anyone.

Yea, I can't stand the Xbox controller, feels like a freaking toy in my hand, and it's not comfortable at all.
---
i7-3770k@4.4Ghz | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | ASUS GTX680 DirectCU II TOP | ASUS Xonar Sound Card | Mushkin Chronos Deluxe SSD, 16GB RAM | Corsair: AX850, H100, 650D