This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Dayz? Looks extremely interesting and unique

#1ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/9/2012 8:31:14 PM(edited)
Been watching vids, and thinking about buying arma 2 on steam.

Also are there good amount of players/servers
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 32'' panasonic HDTV
#2DiehardFFv2Posted 7/9/2012 8:32:50 PM
There are a ton of servers available to you if you live in the US. It can be a bit wonky to get setup properly at times, though.
---
Intel i5 3570k @4.2 GHz/ Asrock Z77 Extreme4 / 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 / EVGA GTX 570 / Corsair Force GT 120GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB
#3Grimlink132Posted 7/9/2012 8:33:26 PM
id be really excited for day z if it didnt have so much lag/bugginess
---
http://i.imgur.com/Iv47p.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/16ghpav.jpg
#4infringement153Posted 7/9/2012 8:33:35 PM
I already had ARMA 2 before I tried it. I had a couple of install problems, eventually got it working, and I thought the game was pretty boring and plays real slowly. It's basically PvP based around upgrading your gear. If that's your thing, go ahead and try it, otherwise I'd wait until the inevitable steam sale (and even then, I'd make sure it's your type of game).
#5TheWarhammeronlPosted 7/9/2012 8:35:19 PM
Its a lot more fun with another person.

At first it's just about surviving, but once you get some of the really good gear, the game just become "hunt other players".

Then when you die it's basically rinse and repeat.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#6Treason686Posted 7/9/2012 8:39:55 PM
TheWarhammeronl posted...
Its a lot more fun with another person.

At first it's just about surviving, but once you get some of the really good gear, the game just become "hunt other players".

Then when you die it's basically rinse and repeat.

This is pretty much accurate.

I wouldn't count on a Steam sale anytime soon. The game has been among the best sellers for a while now. No reason to mark it down until sales slow.

Still, the game is tons of fun. I'd highly recommend playing it.
---
|| PSN/360 GT: Treason686 ||
PC: Core i7 920 || 6GB DDR3|| Crossfire XFX Radeon 6870 || HP w2408h
#7SmoboHashPosted 7/9/2012 8:43:31 PM
I haven't yet been able to find a weapon of any sort, so my gameplay has been limited to walking around until I see a building to search for loot, realizing none of the doors can be opened, then running away from a zombie that appeared from nowhere while i was investigating the building.
#8The_Count_FooPosted 7/9/2012 9:45:30 PM
dayz is actually going stand alone sometime relatively soon, I'm just waiting for that as I'm not really interested in arma II.
---
Divided by night...
#9Bristow84Posted 7/10/2012 12:28:24 AM(edited)
The_Count_Foo posted...
dayz is actually going stand alone sometime relatively soon, I'm just waiting for that as I'm not really interested in arma II.

They haven't actually confirmed DayZ is gonna be a standalone. The devs stated they are looking into potentially making it a standalone experience but they haven't confirmed it and even if they did confirm it, it would be a relatively long while until it happens as I believe the next major thing that will be happening is they will make the mod work with ARMA III, also don't forget that the mod is still in alpha Stage and the players are the testers, so that would not make a standalone experience a very fast thing to make

So please do some research next time before you post something like that
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain
#10DoomInternPosted 7/10/2012 8:02:09 AM
First how would a stand alone game be possible? Wouldn't they have to create a new game a part from ArmA II? That would take forever. This is just a mod.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9