This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sniper Elite V2 14.99 Amazon Digital!

#21jing0000Posted 7/11/2012 11:47:10 PM
It's an ok game I thought..only if you Really like sniping though. and aren't wanting multiplayer (seen a few games that focused 100% on single player lately and I find that very refreashing)
---
none
#22JKatarnPosted 7/12/2012 12:00:08 AM
jing0000 posted...
It's an ok game I thought..only if you Really like sniping though. and aren't wanting multiplayer (seen a few games that focused 100% on single player lately and I find that very refreashing)

Cool, I have almost zero interest in multiplayer FPS games (with the exception of my recent dabbling in Blacklight Retribution).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#23EpicKingdom_Posted 7/12/2012 12:20:25 AM
Great game for a second, not cheap enough.
---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 BE | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Biostar Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini-T | XFX PRO650W CE | 500GB |
#24ARMEDnPISSEDPosted 7/12/2012 12:40:12 AM
So is this Steam activatable?
---
'PC/360 titles are Microsoft exclusive meaning not on Apple or Linux, meaning the people who own Windows own 360 which still makes it exclusive' ~ Phamous1
#25cody4783Posted 7/12/2012 1:19:31 AM
So is this Steam activatable?

As-per the Amazon store page, under Additional Info:

Additional Info: Steam account and internet connection required for activation. Broadband connection and service required for multiplayer connectivity. Activation keys will not work in Germany.

---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/cody48.png
#26sfcalimariPosted 7/12/2012 2:58:48 AM
The demo makes it seem like it could be pretty good, but the actual game is just pretty blah. The main problem is the levels are pretty short and very cramped, so you have next to no freedom of movement and just walk from one firefight to the next. The first game had its problems and hasn't aged well, but at least it had some really huge levels that let you pick one of several angles to attack from, or let you pick one of a few paths to take. The sniping engine in SEV2 is decent, but the situations you get into when sniping are usually just not that exciting or interesting, and again you just end up crouching behind a wall while a bunch of guys in the middle distance run around firing at you, then you pick them off. If they'd just made the levels bigger and more complex, and changed the AI around a bit, it could really have been a great game. Instead it just seems like they watered everything about the game down and counted on the shock value of the x-ray cam to get publicity.
---
Every night I come to the same place and wait til the sky catches up with my mood.
#27JKatarnPosted 7/12/2012 3:53:59 PM
sfcalimari posted...
The demo makes it seem like it could be pretty good, but the actual game is just pretty blah. The main problem is the levels are pretty short and very cramped, so you have next to no freedom of movement and just walk from one firefight to the next. The first game had its problems and hasn't aged well, but at least it had some really huge levels that let you pick one of several angles to attack from, or let you pick one of a few paths to take. The sniping engine in SEV2 is decent, but the situations you get into when sniping are usually just not that exciting or interesting, and again you just end up crouching behind a wall while a bunch of guys in the middle distance run around firing at you, then you pick them off. If they'd just made the levels bigger and more complex, and changed the AI around a bit, it could really have been a great game. Instead it just seems like they watered everything about the game down and counted on the shock value of the x-ray cam to get publicity.

That's a shame....very misleading demo, working your way through the buildings, planting and sniping the explosives etc. - seems like a fantastic game from the demo.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES