This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many people bring their desktops to college?

#21Snuckie7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 3:58:15 PM
hitokiri13 posted...
I find it hard why college do this and yet the raise the prices even more. I guess they want your money more than you becoming successful. Anyway I share my knowledge for free after I finish. I hate supporting these overpriced universities.

I hear ya man. Good thing I'll have taken 11 AP classes before I get to college. Hopefully that will shave a good amount off my tuition.
---
Dell XPS L501x | Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz | NVIDIA GT 420M OC @ 700/900 | 4GB 1333 RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
#22akuma634Posted 7/13/2012 4:01:12 PM
Playing video games in college is for losers.

And yet you're posting this on GameFaqs.
#23phy2jshPosted 7/13/2012 4:11:02 PM
Quote:Playing video games in college is for losers.
@gigapuddi

This (kind of)

I was forced to go without video games and tv for my first year of college (not through choice) and it was the best thing that ever happened to me. There is absolutely no reason to take a pc to college (there are plenty there already). All they do is act as a distraction when you should be busy coming out of your shell.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#24tigerex777Posted 7/13/2012 4:50:08 PM
hitokiri13 posted...
I find it hard why college do this and yet the raise the prices even more. I guess they want your money more than you becoming successful. Anyway I share my knowledge for free after I finish. I hate supporting these overpriced universities.

it's college not high school. There are no nannies in college, you have to look after yourself.
Besides, college is still a business. Just like hospitals are businesses also. Grad school is another story though. My little sister goes to Columbia graduate school and they take care of her really nicely; especially with the money she's paying per semester/year.
---
i5 760 @ 3.8ghz / 4GB DDR3 Ripjaws / GTX 460 SLI @ 800/2000 / Cooler Master GX 750W PSU / Cooler Master Advance II case / Acer 22 1680x1050 / Windows 7 64
#25Tyranius2Posted 7/13/2012 4:54:38 PM
Colleges don't have dorms here, you live in your own house
---
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Tyranius&show=0&order=4
http://i.imgur.com/fRlDT.jpg
#26Snuckie7(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2012 4:55:54 PM
Tyranius2 posted...
Colleges don't have dorms here, you live in your own house

Good thing I'm not in Brazil eh?
---
Dell XPS L501x | Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz | NVIDIA GT 420M OC @ 700/900 | 4GB 1333 RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HDD
#27TheWarhammeronlPosted 7/13/2012 5:00:27 PM
tigerex777 posted...
hitokiri13 posted...

it's college not high school. There are no nannies in college, you have to look after yourself.
Besides, college is still a business. Just like hospitals are businesses also. Grad school is another story though. My little sister goes to Columbia graduate school and they take care of her really nicely; especially with the money she's paying per semester/year.

College has pretty much turned into highschool continued...until the later, more advanced obviously.
---
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher
#28MageofBlood391Posted 7/13/2012 5:02:01 PM
I don't get people who say not to play video games in college because somehow it'll make you more outgoing or something. Moderate gaming is a great way to make friends, especially if you like whatever the "big" game is at the time (in this case, Halo or CoD or the like).

Anyway, the best advice I can give about desktops in college is to leave it home at first. By Thanksgiving, you'll most definitely have a better feel for your workload and space constraints and will be able to better decide if you'd be able to make use of your desktop.
---
Smart ninja-type dude.