This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman series worth it? Or should I just get Hitman: Blood Money?

#1SefcaBlightPosted 7/15/2012 10:11:51 AM
I kind of want to get started with the series since Hitman Absolution looks awesome
#2R i c kPosted 7/15/2012 10:16:22 AM(edited)
2 and BM are extremely worth it. Absolution comes after the casual takeover of games. I've been avoiding looking at it too much and I'm just hoping it stays true to it's roots but there's still a little fear they'll screw it up...

2, Contracts and BM are all awesome but Codename 47 has some bugs and the stealth aspect wasn't fully ironed out. It's worth playing if you end up loving the series enough to put up with those things but 2 is a much better introduction to the series. Contracts (best mission design) and BM (best story) are the best of the bunch but they improve upon the controls and mechanics so you may have trouble playing 2 if you play them backward. Up to you though.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#3SefcaBlight(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2012 10:18:39 AM
alrighty

i dont think contracts is included in this pack but i'll grab the collection

thanks
#4R i c kPosted 7/15/2012 10:22:13 AM
Nope. They have a copyright issue with one of the songs, supposedly. Instead of just swapping it out, though, they just neglect to put it up on Steam. So lame.
---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#5Bristow84Posted 7/15/2012 10:38:45 AM
R i c k posted...
2 and BM are extremely worth it. Absolution comes after the casual takeover of games. I've been avoiding looking at it too much and I'm just hoping it stays true to it's roots but there's still a little fear they'll screw it up...

2, Contracts and BM are all awesome but Codename 47 has some bugs and the stealth aspect wasn't fully ironed out. It's worth playing if you end up loving the series enough to put up with those things but 2 is a much better introduction to the series. Contracts (best mission design) and BM (best story) are the best of the bunch but they improve upon the controls and mechanics so you may have trouble playing 2 if you play them backward. Up to you though.

Actually check out the Streets Of Hope play through. I know you said you're trying not to watch anything but that play through should help put your mind at ease somewhat
---
||AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3.4GHZ || Asus M4A87TD/USB3|| CM960 II Advanced || 4GB || GTX670 || Win7 64Bit
GT: Plizmatic Pain
#6R i c kPosted 7/15/2012 10:56:51 AM
Actually check out the Streets Of Hope play through. I know you said you're trying not to watch anything but that play through should help put your mind at ease somewhat

I dunno. I have some very specific criteria to consider it faithful. You have to be able to complete the game with "all zeroes" as it was known in the previous games. No shots fired, no kills aside from targets, no alerts, no nothing... Just get in, clear the objective, and get out without anyone knowing you were ever there. Like a ghost. That's what Hitman means to me. Aside from CN47, the final stages of 2 and BM and the tutorial level of BM, all missions could be completed with "all zeroes", though 2 does force you to fire two shots and one target counts as a kill despite being a target. I just hope they didn't muck that up.
---